From Analog to Digital: Antenna problems!

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:39 pm
I discovered what the problem was, and fixed it up, for free! :D

My brother, his fiancee & my niece were visiting, we were talking about digital TV and I mentioned my missing channels.

My sister-in-law-to-be said she'd look at my TV, and that's when we found out just where the antenna was plugged into.

I hadn't watched the antenna guy when he connected everything up, so hey it was news to me that the antenna was plugged into the back of my VCR, with a connector cable from VCR to TV.

Maybe this is causing the signals to be weak, sis-in-law-to-be suggested. So we unplugged the connector cable from the TV's antenna plug and plugged the antenna into it.

Then did a new auto programming thing for the TV......and hey presto, it picked up every digital channel! :D Also the analog channels have much nicer reception than before.

This was only Thursday and so far it's still working. Might have a signal drop out in bad weather or something but otherwise I think it's fixed! :<
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,152.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:29 am
Der you would think that a qualified antenna person would know that antenna plug should go IN to TV and OUT to recording device wouldn't you....even I know that ;)

Glad you got it sorted, and hope you have no more problems! ooX
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Previous

Return to Technology