Facebook

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!
Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 253.00
Bank: 0.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:14 pm
I hate the fact they changed the permissions, I used to love to be able have my profile hidden from certain friends 90% of them! Oh well we make do with what we got. I think timeline was rushed, it's still a bit iffy if you ask me. I wish we would be able to control the size of the damn timeline picture, It's way too big. LOL
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:08 pm
When I set up my account a couple of years ago (yes, my daughter made me do it) I disabled email notifications. In the past few weeks they came trooping in just the same, and short of marking facebook emails as spam/junk I haven't found a way to switch them off again.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:59 am
Oh those facebook notification emails really annoy me, they just come! come! I am trying to find a way to switch them off, but i haven't seen any option either! :( Damn you facebook spam!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,518.00
Bank: 5,302,197.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:59 pm
I just checked my FB email account. I don't have any notifications. I turned it off right from the start and it remains off.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:34 pm
Jayel wrote:I just checked my FB email account. I don't have any notifications. I turned it off right from the start and it remains off.
I turned them off rightaway too, but they started trooping in a few weeks ago anyway.

Just now, though, my googl-fu worked. Here are the instructions on how to stop facebook's email notifications. The method is needlessly cumbersome, but hopefully it works.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:52 pm
Fringedweller wrote:
Jayel wrote:I just checked my FB email account. I don't have any notifications. I turned it off right from the start and it remains off.
I turned them off rightaway too, but they started trooping in a few weeks ago anyway.

Just now, though, my googl-fu worked. Here are the instructions on how to stop facebook's email notifications. The method is needlessly cumbersome, but hopefully it works.

If you haven't been there for awhile maybe that was a new feature, and maybe I've already done that one. I don't know. They keep changing things! :x
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 pm
FOr the last 10 hours I haven't been able to log into face book. It keeps telling me that it's been down for maintenance on the database on which my account is stored. Can anyone confirm that if they are having the same problem as well? My old account still works, (I just re logged into it about an hour ago), but the new one which one I still use is still out of action.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am
I haven't had that happen - then this is three days later, and I haven't been on FB since last Wednesday/Thursday

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 2,064.80
Mood: infactuated
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 pm
Is Facebook down at the moment?
Cash on hand: 114.50
Bank: 1,147,583.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:25 pm
A number of people (OK, a lot of people) have been posting the following status update on facebook:

For those of you who do not understand the reasoning behind this posting, Facebook is now a publicly traded entity. Unless you state otherwise, anyone can infringe on your right to privacy once you post to this site. It is recommended that you and other members post a similar notice as this, or you may copy and paste this version. If you do not post such a statement once, then you are indirectly allowing public use of items such as your photos and the information contained in your status updates.

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee , agent , student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

-------------------------------------------------

In response to the new Facebook guidelines I hereby declare that my copyright is attached to all of my personal details, illustrations, comics, paintings, photos and videos, etc. (as a result of the Berner Convention).

For commercial use of the above my written consent is needed at all times!

(Anyone reading this can copy this text and paste it on their Facebook Wall. This will place them under protection of copyright laws, By the present communiqué, I notify Facebook that it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate, or take any other action against me on the basis of this profile and/or its contents. The aforementioned prohibited actions also apply to employees, students, agents and/or any staff under Facebook's direction or control. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of my privacy is punished by law (UCC 1 1-308-308 1-103 and the Rome Statute).

Facebook is now an open capital entity. All members are recommended to publish a notice like this, or if you prefer, you may copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once, you will be tacitly allowing the use of elements such as your photos as well as the information contained in your profile status updates

This is an utter and complete hoax and waste of time. Posting the above has absolutely NO LEGAL STANDING.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/bogus-facebook-privacy-notice.shtml

http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/privacy.asp

I have posted a link to snopes as a Facebook update but people persist in getting sucked in to the hoax and it just keeps appearing.

Please read either of the link so you can confirm the hoax.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
PreviousNext

Return to Technology