Facebook

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 pm
Gotcha. I researched it a little before i posted it and it seemed correct. Guess not.
Cash on hand: 13,530.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:18 pm
Yes, I saw what you posted. I was unsure what to do about it.
Cash on hand: 124.50
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm
greysfan wrote:Gotcha. I researched it a little before i posted it and it seemed correct. Guess not.

Things like this are NEVER correct :)

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 pm
The_Admiral wrote:
greysfan wrote:Gotcha. I researched it a little before i posted it and it seemed correct. Guess not.

Things like this are NEVER correct :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I should know better

Reality Show Contestant
Cash on hand: 77.50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:26 pm
Sherri wrote:Hey! whos got this? its like the new myspace phenomenom...not quite the most popular thing yet, buts it gettin really big, more so olders then us teens..

Its not very aussie friendly yet (no aussie high schools really) but its only newish.

Tried it out and its so much easier to use than myspace, now its just a matter of getting the members!

Okay! Thanks for this O<>
Cash on hand: 17,068.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:11 pm
so I'm assuming most people here use Facebook right?

I use it, but not much. don't get many likes, so what's the point.

I recently discovered this Youtuber that does top 10 lists and found a vid on annoying Facebook things.

I have seen most of what he mentioned and I agree!

I see people posting about how down, or depressed they are. what do you want me to do about it?! that sucks but my life sucks too and we all have problems in life but posting about it isn't gonna get you anywhere and fix your problems.

I do see people post quick ones of things like "I can't believe that happened" or something like that which then forces people to ask "what happened". they never explain in the original post what the post is about itself. they are doing it for attention. I don't reply to those types of posts, but see people falling for it.

other things I hate seeing are:

people who post, just for the sake of posting. a certain amount of time has past, gotta post again! and it's usually something boring and meaningless no one gives two s**ts about!

people who constantly changing their profile picture. how different can you look or change in each photo?!

speaking of, PICTURES OF YOU AND 3-5 OTHER PEOPLE IS NOT A PROFILE PICTURE!! ESPECIALLY FROM A DISTANCE! a profile picture is to advertise yourself, if someone is searching for you and there are about 10 other people with the same name they should be able to tell which one is you. especially if there are no mutual friends. if you have 3-6 people in your profile picture from a distance, who is it your advertising?! a profile pic should just be your face, that's it.

also, this shouldn't annoy anyone but it bugs me. when I see random photos of a friend and they post or sometime tags them and it's just them in the photo with no explanation. completely random photos show up, is that meant to mean something? if it has a caption that's ok, like 'celebrating a new job' 'out on the town for one last time before moving away' or something to explain why your in a photo with other people I don't know.

any pet peeves you have on FB?

Cash on hand: 108,361.80
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:06 pm
that clip above of the 10 types of facebook users is quite funny.... and spot on.

I also can't stand those people who write "I can't believe what just happened" and then not write a follow up response of hours. And generally never get a proper response when many ask "why... what happened?" etc. Just annoying. I just ignore them! lol

I'm not a big fan of group photos as profile pictures either. I think that is why the "cover photo" should be used for. As a profile, it should just be one person, you!!! Having a partner in that profile photo is fine with me. But not have a group of 4 or more!

I also find those people who write almost every single detail of their daily lives on facebook annoying!!!! That is what a diary is for. Noone is interested in what kind of breakfast you had, what time you had a shower and what song you just heard on the radio. Noone cares!!!

I have had random people try friend request me. This is a pet peeve of mine. Sure, its not a daily experience, but it had happened randomly over the years. Most of these people have almost no friends and have limited photos of them. Most likely scam profiles (people making fake accounts). I realise this, but I do tend to send them a pm to ask how we have met, and knowingly that I wont get a response, and actually never have! lol.
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:53 pm
exactly what I'm saying, with group photos I'm very tempted to leave a comment saying:

"That is NOT a profile photo" :lol:

fortunately I don't get people updating followers on their every day lives, but some who post constantly I unfollow.

I hate how people who don't 'Like' something you post but mention it to you in person. it's hard to know sometimes what people see on their feed, with so many people to follow. and you don't know if they are following you at all, they may add you as a friend but aren't really interested in your life.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:28 pm
oh f**k I hate it when someone says "flights booked" or "going on a holiday" or something without saying where!

someone is bound to ask "where?" and they don't reply for hours leaving you wondering all day.
Cash on hand: 13,530.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:50 am
Cyborg wrote:so I'm assuming most people here use Facebook right?

I use it, but not much. don't get many likes, so what's the point.

I recently discovered this Youtuber that does top 10 lists and found a vid on annoying Facebook things.

I have seen most of what he mentioned and I agree!

I see people posting about how down, or depressed they are. what do you want me to do about it?! that sucks but my life sucks too and we all have problems in life but posting about it isn't gonna get you anywhere and fix your problems.

I do see people post quick ones of things like "I can't believe that happened" or something like that which then forces people to ask "what happened". they never explain in the original post what the post is about itself. they are doing it for attention. I don't reply to those types of posts, but see people falling for it.

other things I hate seeing are:

people who post, just for the sake of posting. a certain amount of time has past, gotta post again! and it's usually something boring and meaningless no one gives two s**ts about!

people who constantly changing their profile picture. how different can you look or change in each photo?!

speaking of, PICTURES OF YOU AND 3-5 OTHER PEOPLE IS NOT A PROFILE PICTURE!! ESPECIALLY FROM A DISTANCE! a profile picture is to advertise yourself, if someone is searching for you and there are about 10 other people with the same name they should be able to tell which one is you. especially if there are no mutual friends. if you have 3-6 people in your profile picture from a distance, who is it your advertising?! a profile pic should just be your face, that's it.

also, this shouldn't annoy anyone but it bugs me. when I see random photos of a friend and they post or sometime tags them and it's just them in the photo with no explanation. completely random photos show up, is that meant to mean something? if it has a caption that's ok, like 'celebrating a new job' 'out on the town for one last time before moving away' or something to explain why your in a photo with other people I don't know.

any pet peeves you have on FB?

All the above, and endless pictures of what someone is eating! Who cares?
That youtube was spot on.
I'm guilty of the one where after a few wines I'll probably put in some random post and the next day, yup, delete! :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Technology