YouTube

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 5,975.10
Bank: 2.00
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:51 am
Going along similar lines, an oldie but a goodie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2rZxCrb ... re=related
Cash on hand: 17,200.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:48 pm
didn't know where to put this but I found it on Youtube, had it in The Water
Cooler section and was moved to Movies, doesn't belong there either.

went to the movies tonight and saw the most interesting and longest commercial ever!! it stars Robert Carlyle and is more like a history lesson then a ad, the thing about it which is the most amazing is that its all done in one shot and is perfectly well timed. cause while talking, Robert will pick something up or point something out with perfect timing to what he is saying. plus how many times do you think they would have had to reherse it as well as do many takes? its a long walk, plus would have cost a lot of money to make getting a celeb like that to do such a good job.

check it out if you haven't, an amazing ad -

Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:30 am
Hmm interesting APM (I mean Cyborg hehe - that may take me a while), I personally wouldn't call it a history lesson as more one big long promo, advert. Infact what he's telling us, is kind of what you'd expect to read in the 'About Us' section of their website, hehe. :P :)

But yeah, interesting visually and the always engaging Robert Carlyle is well cast as the narrator/story teller. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing this ad on the big screen (ESPECIALLY over some others lol).

BTW This is Youtube thread is a fair thread/home for this, but dare I say, the 'Ads That You Like' thread could also the home for it, dare I spruik my own thread. ;) :P

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18753
TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 1,729,186.60
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:30 am
Neowin wrote:Google rumored to launch paid YouTube channels this spring

Would you pay to watch your favorite video channel on YouTube? That's apparently what Google is hoping will happen, and it may be on its way very soon. The company is rumored to be working with a small number of popular YouTube video channel operators on a pilot program that could result in paid video subscriptions as early as this spring.

AdAge.com reports, via unnamed sources, that Google plans to team up with established YouTube partners like Machinima, Maker Studios and Fullscreen to offer up paid subscription tiers, as well as bringing in new content brands. The launch will likely involve no more than 25 YouTube channels at first to test the waters.

Google started offering YouTube feature videos for rent in 2010, but allowing video channels to charge money to access their content could turn YouTube into a true online alternative to a cable TV network, if enough people sign up for them. The company has hinted in the past that they have been thinking about subscription plans for YouTube but have yet to launch such offerings.

Google announced in 2011 that it was helping to fund a number of YouTube channels in the US. The efforts were successful enough that Google announced an expansion of those plans in October 2012 to fund channels made for the France, Germany and the UK markets. However, some YouTube channel creators have apparently complained Google has not done enough to help promote their efforts.

Bound to happen. But not fair, it's going to be like foxtel eventially... :|
Cash on hand: 157.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:11 pm
Super-Blur wrote:
Neowin wrote:Google rumored to launch paid YouTube channels this spring

Would you pay to watch your favorite video channel on YouTube? ...

Bound to happen. But not fair, it's going to be like foxtel eventially... :|

I just cannot seen the billions of YouTube viewers would be willing to pay for a YouTube channel ...

Anyways ...

This is one model I would love to play with and YES it is a model

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:15 pm
Instant Ice

This is something that I definitely want to try

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:41 pm
This is an excellent music video and most definitely the best coming out video I have seen.

Cash on hand: 17,200.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:31 pm
YouTube, no longer for just viewing in your spare time or making vids for a hobby...

you can get paid for making vids now! and I freaking hate that so much! :evil: since when is that 'work' or worthy of getting paid?! sure you sometimes have to put effort into editing and stuff, but that is up to the uploader.

I sub to a lot of people, most of which do it for a hobby and share what they like but then there's others. the most popular kinds of videos I've noticed are movies and reviews, games and top 10 type videos. these people just got lucky. they put themselves up there and got 'discovered' somehow by someone who saw something in them. but it's not that easy, you have to be on YouTube a long time and have to have heaps of subscribers and views. but still it ain't right. these people have a hobby and want to share it with others and are basically awarding them for it. there's people who do DVD updates and do v-logs around town, that is somehow interesting to people.

if your getting paid its not always a lot but most are able to quit there actual jobs and can afford to pay bills and live off what they make. but you gotta make lots of vids, get those views and get followers. sometimes they might not get paid but sponsors will send them items to review for free! depending on your channel, popular youtubers like wetmovie1, coolduder, Flickpick and many others get DVD's and Blu Rays for free and all they have to do is make a vid on what they thought and it's not always detailed and long. they could trash the movie and release if they want. user absolutesublime gets copies to review and extra copies to give away!

hell if your really popular you get even more. Aussie user champchong makes vids on the latest gaming news, that's all and he just got a actual computer for free to review!! he also has got expensive games and consoles for free in the past! and a aussie girl user ellyawesome does taste test reviews, pretty simple right. these two 20 something Australians also get to travel over seas for conventions and such all for free!

there are actual youtubers that do something very simple that are actually millionaires from this!!

there's a guy who had an office job, got fired and continued his hobby of making top 10 type of videos and now has an expensive apartment and is happier then ever. Matthew Santoro is his name, champchong also has an apartment. Watchmojo makes top 10s on many subjects, have been doing so for a few years and yet they can afford to have their own staff to put vids together while the founders do the voiceovers.

it's not always that easy, with time and luck this type of success can happen to anyone.

crazy right, what do you think of all this? madness right?
this link tells you how much they earn, search for your favourite.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:01 am
Cyborg wrote:YouTube, no longer for just viewing in your spare time or making vids for a hobby...

you can get paid for making vids now! and I freaking hate that so much! :evil: since when is that 'work' or worthy of getting paid?! sure you sometimes have to put effort into editing and stuff, but that is up to the uploader.

I sub to a lot of people, most of which do it for a hobby and share what they like but then there's others. the most popular kinds of videos I've noticed are movies and reviews, games and top 10 type videos. these people just got lucky. they put themselves up there and got 'discovered' somehow by someone who saw something in them. but it's not that easy, you have to be on YouTube a long time and have to have heaps of subscribers and views. but still it ain't right. these people have a hobby and want to share it with others and are basically awarding them for it. there's people who do DVD updates and do v-logs around town, that is somehow interesting to people.

if your getting paid its not always a lot but most are able to quit there actual jobs and can afford to pay bills and live off what they make. but you gotta make lots of vids, get those views and get followers. sometimes they might not get paid but sponsors will send them items to review for free! depending on your channel, popular youtubers like wetmovie1, coolduder, Flickpick and many others get DVD's and Blu Rays for free and all they have to do is make a vid on what they thought and it's not always detailed and long. they could trash the movie and release if they want. user absolutesublime gets copies to review and extra copies to give away!

hell if your really popular you get even more. Aussie user champchong makes vids on the latest gaming news, that's all and he just got a actual computer for free to review!! he also has got expensive games and consoles for free in the past! and a aussie girl user ellyawesome does taste test reviews, pretty simple right. these two 20 something Australians also get to travel over seas for conventions and such all for free!

there are actual youtubers that do something very simple that are actually millionaires from this!!

there's a guy who had an office job, got fired and continued his hobby of making top 10 type of videos and now has an expensive apartment and is happier then ever. Matthew Santoro is his name, champchong also has an apartment. Watchmojo makes top 10s on many subjects, have been doing so for a few years and yet they can afford to have their own staff to put vids together while the founders do the voiceovers.

it's not always that easy, with time and luck this type of success can happen to anyone.

crazy right, what do you think of all this? madness right?
this link tells you how much they earn, search for your favourite.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/

You make a lot of valid points.

There are still a great number of YouTubers who do this not for the money but for the fun of it.

Yes, there are still big YouTubers who make a lot of money out of this but that is the nature of the system. Once the YouTuber partnership program started and you could earn money from views and ads it did change.

You will notice that a lot of the popular YouTubers will use 'click bait' titles or thumbnails to just get subscribers to watch the video until they find out it has nothing to do with the title or thumbnail. Or the Youtuber who has a sponsored video and they never actually tell you it is a sponsored video. Those are my pet peeves and when I spot a click bait title I will ignore it for at least a month.

To those who do earn enough money to allow them to stop working a day job I say good luck to them but they are few and far between.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:04 am
YouTuber Sam Pepper needs to be banned from ever posting on YouTube.

In his latest prank (no I have not watched and do not intend to watch it) he 'kidnaps' someone, ties them to a chair and then 'murders' the 'kidnapees' best friend.

The 'kidnapee' will be traumatised for the remainder of his days and will undoubtly suffer PTSD.

This type of prank is in no way funny.

When he sexually assaulted those women in a video and he turned round and said 'it was just a prank' he was slammed for that and YouTube did nothing.

This time he need to be completely banned from YouTube for life.

Previous

Return to Technology