Ebay

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!

Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:33 am
[quote:5c0bb4d9f0="Mr President"][quote:5c0bb4d9f0="St Jimmy"]
These people need to stop trying to rip people off and get a [i:5c0bb4d9f0]real[/i:5c0bb4d9f0] job. I doubt these people have ever done an honest days work in their lives.[/quote:5c0bb4d9f0]

That's a pretty big damn call to make, dont you think?[/quote:5c0bb4d9f0]
Just because you haven't done an "honest days work" in your life and live off scamming, begging and stealing for a living, it's still probably not a good idea to publically endorse criminal activities.
Site Admin
Cash on hand: 3,413.00
Bank: 49,423.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:35 am
I had one of the shops who took 3 or 4 weeks to send something out... they put in a 'complaint' as such that payment wasnt received after I had emailed them the details of my payment 2 days after the auction ended... I responded and even gave my mobile no and still nothing. Eventually after a couple of more emails they withdrew the complaint and sent the item out... but not to the address I asked them to change it to (cos I had moved workplaces and didnt want it sent to my old workplace anymore).

Needless to say they got a neutral feedback... and hadnt posted any feedback on me at the time (I am sure they were waiting to see what I wrote... so I'm expecting that they would have given me a neutral one as well - bastards).

Its hit and miss... I've only bought 2 things and have received both items... just had a few hassles with the 2nd one... the cheapest of the two... but you get that.
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:43 am
Well I've never actually bought or sold anything on Ebay, I have been on the recieving end of a fake :(

For my birthday, my aunt got me a silver Tiffany & Co necklace. It came with everything, a bag, a box, the fluffy stuff that you get in the boxes and a little fabric bag. At the time, I noticed the bag was misprinted and the box a slightly lighter colour than my other Tiffany boxes, but I thought nothing of it. I also noticed that at the back one of the links hadn't been soldered together properly, so I went into the Tiffany & Co in the city to try and get it fixed. The salesperson pulled out a necklace in the same style of mine, but she said mine was a fake because the round circle bit on the chain was bigger than the real ones. Needless to say, very embarassing because of buying online using Ebay. (It has now come to be known as my Fiffany (Fake Tiffany) & Co necklace ;) )
[img44]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/langlece/McPerfect-3.jpg[/img44]

Golden Globe Winner
Cash on hand: 15.00
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:43 am
I've only bought a few DVD boxsets off ebay and i received it all quickly and without any problems. However, i don't trust the site enough to but some worth more than $100.
[uf7][bf7][if7]Dollhouse[/if7] - Next Episode 'Vows' [/bf7][/uf7]
Buffy | Angel | Firefly | Dollhouse | The X-Files | Battlestar Galactica | Love My Way | Weeds | Six Feet Under | Twin Peaks | Dexter | Dead Like Me | Veronica Mars | Family Guy | Scrubs | Deadwood | The Wire | Desperate Housewives | Damages | 24 | American Dad | Skins | Rome | Arrested Development | 30 Rock | The Comeback |
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 160.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:18 pm
there was a guy on another forum im on who got busted in the USA for selling fake stuff on EBAY
Support Antarctica's 2026 FIFA World Cup Bid
Emmy Winner
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:06 pm
Was that the guy at League Unlimited? That was pretty messed up :lol:
[img73]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2518/sig3jv7.png[/img73]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:46 pm
I've been buying & selling on eBay for 4yrs now.

As a buyer I've never had any problems, the odd thing has taken longer than expected to arrive but nothing too drastic. Things I've purchased haven't always been what I've expected them to be but that is usually a case of me not reading the ad properly.

As a seller I've had 2 buyers claim to not receive the CD's but as my auctions state I take no responsbility for lost post & I offer registered post or express post as options. If the buyer doesn't take it then tough. I'm always happy to refund money including return postal costs if they aren't happy with things as are most eBay sellers I've seen.

Like with most things it's "buyer beware" at eBay.

It's an excellent place to get rid of books & CD's that are laying the house. Selling clothes is a hassle I think.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 35.00
Bank: 1,418.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:44 pm
I'm still waiting for a Playstation controller to arrive.. think it's been about 2 and a half, maybe 3 years now since I paid for it. :thinking:

Other than that, it's been good and I have been buying and selling for a few years now too. So one bad apple hasn't spoilt it for me at all. :D
Cash on hand: 302.60
Bank: 2,763,819.00
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:56 pm
:shrug:
Last edited by OJ on Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash on hand: 7,595.60
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:43 pm
Ive never not recieve anything BUT i have not got what i payed for.I bought this DVD thinking it was legit and it STATING it was legit and a region 1 dvd.I forked out the twenty bucks got it in the mail and lo and behold it was a dodgy pirated dvd.But i must admit, it was good quality dvd and unless you saw the packaging you wouldent know the difference i watched it. :shifty: Still they did lie to me and i didnt appreciate it at all and i would avoid them (if they havent disappared already).

On the flip side ive spent hundreds of dollars buying stuff of there and no problem (except shipping costs).So its hit and miss and the buyer beware statement is SOOO true (you have very little recourse if something happens) just be careful and be aware.Oh and also check the buyers rating, that is a reasonable good indicator and read the comment book too.
PreviousNext

Return to Technology