Ebay

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:55 am
eBay has really got me wondering this time. :lol:

I have no money in my paypal account but I have setup a Visa card to it to use that for any purchase where paypal is empty as all eBay sellers with paypal as an option accepts visa card payments too. It was my first time purchasing something via visa, I got all the way through checkout and the seller has been paid. All well and good, right? Well, my Visa card hasn't been charged (usually it debits straight away) and I haven't got a bill sitting there on paypal ready to pay. So where did the money come from? :?

Would paypal have paid the seller and I just repay paypal like I would monthly fees?
Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 253.00
Bank: 0.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:50 pm
You would find it will take a few days to transact. It says it may have been paid through ebay, but the payment connection still needs to be made through paypal/credit card source to his account. At the checkout option in Ebay you have the option to do paypal checkout thing. Well when I did things through paypal that has done it that way. But used my bank account via paypal.

Thankfully I don't use paypal anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:26 pm
Sunnydale Darkness wrote:You would find it will take a few days to transact. It says it may have been paid through ebay, but the payment connection still needs to be made through paypal/credit card source to his account. At the checkout option in Ebay you have the option to do paypal checkout thing. Well when I did things through paypal that has done it that way. But used my bank account via paypal.

Thankfully I don't use paypal anymore.

Same deal today, I bought another DVD from eBay doing the same thing and the seller shipped the DVD about an hour after it said payment received. However, my CC hasn't been charged and the other backup source which is my bank account doesn't have any money in it.

Since my bank account is my primary backup source I am guessing paypal are going to see if I have money in that first and then charge my CC when they realize I don't because really that is the only explanation. Unless paypal have become super nice and are handing out freebies. :lol:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 am
Wow, that's pretty darn quick. Are you absolute sure you don't have any funds in your actual paypal account? The only way for it to be so quick is to have the money in the account paypal account.

Your either the luckiest guy atm and someone in paypal has managed to screw something up on their end! :)

Cash on hand: 5,067.50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:17 pm
OMG eBay is like a DREAM right now thanks to parity (well, not quite, but it isn't much different). Quite literally cheaper to import (even with air fare prices) than to buy locally.

I know what you are saying "BUY LOCAL!" but what I buy off eBay comes from overseas anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:25 pm
Sunnydale Darkness wrote:Wow, that's pretty darn quick. Are you absolute sure you don't have any funds in your actual paypal account? The only way for it to be so quick is to have the money in the account paypal account.

Your either the luckiest guy atm and someone in paypal has managed to screw something up on their end! :)

Cant believe I forgot about this thread. :oops:

Well, you don't need money in your paypal to make purchases I realized, all you need is a backup source like a bank account linked to it and paypal just charges that. If you don't have money in your bank account it just over draws like it would until you transfer money to it. A few items over the years I didn't buy because paypal was empty and now I find you don't need money in it. :o
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:41 pm
It's amazing when you find out new things every day :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:45 pm
Sunnydale Darkness wrote:It's amazing when you find out new things every day :)

Its good eh? :)

Good thing is unlike paypal which is instantaneous, paypal takes 2-3 days to charge your bank account so you have time to top it up if need be. Just like a bank transfer to another account that would take time.
Cash on hand: 57.50
Bank: 2,585,855.90
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:22 pm
so annoyed there was this good book i wanted to get and yes it was at a good price i won and paid for it to only find out that it doesnt ship to australia stupid person didnt even put it on the shipping :( so not happy i even told the buyer that i would have bought more books from them.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Please Check out my blog thank you :) http://heartbloodbound.wordpress.com/
Cash on hand: 17,200.80
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:50 am
I've been trying to sell a few rare dvds on ebay, god I hate 'watchers' when they click watch item but don't do anything.

I had 10 watchers on 1 dvd but only 2 bidders, I was looking forward to the final bidding minutes too. cause you have those bidders that bid early to secure their bid, and then those like me who bid in the last minute and snatch the item away from early bidders :twisted: both happened but I didn't get as much as I had hoped but I never start the bidding price too low like most people. I also had another dvd which had 2 watchers but no bids, and I relisted it and also had watchers but no bids :roll:

anything like this happen to you guys?
PreviousNext

Return to Technology