Ebay

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!
Hollywood Legend
Cash on hand: 3,802.60
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:25 pm
Sorry but I'm a "watcher" :oops:

I normally watch things just in case the price gets reduced or the bidding is still low near the end.
"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer"

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 572,184.00
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:06 pm
I have been a regular Ebayer since Feb, i have a lot of stuff i could at least "attempt" to sell. Have not bothered yet, as i am skeptical if there would be any genuine bidders.... that and i'd have to visit the post office..... something i hate doing when i HAVE to do it :P.

A friend of mine had a few items to sell (mostly video games), yet he got offers from people in weird countries eg: Nigeria making it look more like a scam (as in they'd get the item, but wouldn't pay for it).
Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 253.00
Bank: 0.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:28 pm
I stopped buying things off ebay. I will keep the account just in case something comes up. Nothing there at the moment , but I am looking for specific course text books at the moment.

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:04 pm
This is a PayPal question but since it doesn't have a thread, I'll post it here. I made an order on Sanity.com via PayPal (to be deducted from my bank account, still with me? :P ) and since I could cancel the order a few hours later, I did. But even though the order has been cancelled with Sanity.com, in the Payment transaction section on PayPal it still says "Pending", instead of cancelled.

Since Sanity are the ones to be paid and now they wont request their money I am sure I wont find money being deducted from my bank account. Unless they've already started processing the payment, but even still the cancellation option should've disappeared at that stage.

Anyone been in this same situation that can tell me what happens next? Thanks. :)
Cash on hand: 16,973.30
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:43 pm
been selling some stuff on ebay recently, buyers have paid within a day or so.

but one particular buyer hasn't paid yet, its been 10 days since the auction ended!

I have contacted him a few times and he says he will pay. he says he'll pay on the weekend, still hasn't.

I messaged him again and tells me to chill out and says its not in the rules.

told him I'll relist it if he doesn't soon. should I?

thoughts?
Cash on hand: 13,518.00
Bank: 5,302,197.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:40 am
Cyborg wrote:been selling some stuff on ebay recently, buyers have paid within a day or so.

but one particular buyer hasn't paid yet, its been 10 days since the auction ended!

I have contacted him a few times and he says he will pay. he says he'll pay on the weekend, still hasn't.

I messaged him again and tells me to chill out and says its not in the rules.

told him I'll relist it if he doesn't soon. should I?

thoughts?

Definitely. Give him a time span and the if he's not paid up, just do it. (although you already have given him enough time)
Cash on hand: 114.50
Bank: 1,147,583.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:58 am
Read this

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:24 pm
the guy says he was waiting for money to go into his PayPal account, that was Monday morning.

it's really annoying and he doesn't see a problem with it.

edit - got the payment in the end, on Wednesday. not gonna send it straight away :twisted:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:17 pm
people on ebay are wierd. I sell DVDs and some guy was enquiring about it, he asked a lot of questions including buying it for a higher price. so I added a buy now price as he offered a higher price then my starting bid. he asked about special features and such so I replied but no response after that, no purchase under buy now. so I sent a couple of follow up questions to ask if he's still interested or not, sent a couple days apart. still nothing.

the least you could do is reply and say something!
Previous

Return to Technology