Mozilla Firefox

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,679.80
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:32 pm
I've noticed with Firefox that I can't see pictures that are in posts on discussion boards, eg. the post funny pics thread in the Jokes/Games page.

I've noticed this on other discussion boards as well.

Explorer & Opera seem to show them ok however.

Is there an option in Firefox that I haven't selected? Or an extension I need to install?

Any help & suggestions woulld be greatly appreciated.
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,679.80
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:40 pm
Problem solved.

In Firefox options in Web Features i had the box for "load images for originating website only" ticked.

Wow aren't I clever. 8)
There are two theories about how to win an argument with a woman. Neither one works.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 2,295.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:19 pm
thats the thing with firefox, its so secure, it allows you to personalise what you want and don't want to see. Go firefox! :-)
[img75]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/dtw/front.jpg[/img75]
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:33 am
[quote:fe81a414fc="DTW"]thats the thing with firefox, its so secure, it allows you to personalise what you want and don't want to see. Go firefox! :-)[/quote:fe81a414fc]

I am using Firefox since yesterday because IE has been crashing too often on me lately. Don't know what's wrong with the stupid thing.

Anyway, the only thing I cannot see is the shadow colour over my name. And for those members who have their name in white under a shadow, I can barely read their name.
Oscar Presenter
Cash on hand: 533.50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:59 pm
As far as I'm aware the shadows and glows do not work in Firefox, as it's one of those features that (presently) only works in IE.

I love Firefox, but I definitely will be keeping IE as well- simply because, on occasion, you find things that don't work properly in Firefox (yet :P)
The user formerly known as Nahemah
[img92]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/nahemah/spikesig2.jpg[/img92]
Meme Me - My Shop
TV Babble - My Blog
Hollywood Extra
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:12 pm
If the developers at Micro$oft decided to adhere to the HTML 4 standard, browser incompatability would not occur to the extent that it does today. It would also make life easier for web designers.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Sports Presenter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:35 am
firefox rocks and i like the way it works, it has a lot more features and no annoying popup windows. explorer is slow and crashes all the time thats why i dont like it.
Oscar Presenter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:09 pm
[quote:6154f0b9db="nahemah"]As far as I'm aware the shadows and glows do not work in Firefox, as it's one of those features that (presently) only works in IE.[/quote:6154f0b9db]

You are right - there are some features that will only show up in IE - because they are "IE functions". this simply means that IE interpretes the code in the page and can display certain things.

I have firefox preference also - it just has so many damn features - including the every lovable tabbed browsing ;) - which is available in IE 7 for those that are waiting for a M$ browser to have this feature.

Go firefox. Oh, and for those that would like to get firefox, just head here and pick up your Free copy - www.getfirefox.com

(gee, i don't usually advertsie, however i hope the tvaus admin gods don't mind this time ;))
Duffman can never die, only the actors who play him.
[imgc1]http://users.bigpond.net.au/x-web/images/duffman.jpg[/imgc1]
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:41 pm
Well... I had Firefox crashing on me as well today. So much for that.

Problem with Firefox is that it is opening new tabs without you knowing about it. I crashed 3 times because I was out of memory. Too many windows.

Also, it does not show some of the features in Ebay when listing, and it does not like the html codes in TVAus. When I post here and use the features like "quote" or "bold" or anything else, it does not put the html in the right place.
Oscar Presenter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:49 pm
gee, i have nothing like that with my firefox. It performs just like IE, only with a few minor differences - however i do not notice anything different with tvaus or even ebay (of which im a frequent visitor). It opens the pages, conforms to all the coding regulations and everything.

As i design websites - i test in both IE and firefox before submitting the pages and find only a few minor things which usually derive from javascript, vbscript or a java applet which require changes too. As for good ol' HTML - it reads it just as IE does... well on my PC and the PC at work anyhow.

Also, i don't have that tab opening thing either. I open the tabs - not firefox.

:thinking: - me thinks spyware could possibly be the problem here (at first guess).
Duffman can never die, only the actors who play him.
[imgc1]http://users.bigpond.net.au/x-web/images/duffman.jpg[/imgc1]
Next

Return to Technology