Can You Sing Or Play An Instrument?

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:00 pm
Can you sing?

And I mean sing in tune. I don't expect you to be a professional singer. But I don't mean either for you to be as bad as those fools auditionning for AI.
Could you make the top 150 on AI if age and appearance was not a factor. Base solely on your singing.

Can you play an instrument?
Like guitar, piano or other?

I created a poll.
If several apply, tick the one you are best at.
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:08 pm
As grandpa Simpson would say.....'a little bit from column A, a little bit from column B'

I can hold a tune - perhaps even good enough to go Idol top 150......I've heard that Lee sing *ducks for cover* & he's not all that.

Play a bit of piano, self taught but not much chop with sight reading. Also played French Horn in school. And if I'm drunk enough I play a mean beer bottle!
[img81]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/Mook-e/sig_carlinda.gif[/img81]
TV: South Of Nowhere - Season 2 | The L Word | Weeds | Sugar Rush
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,650.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:13 am
I used to be able to sing - don't know what happened as the years passed by.
I can play Beethovens 9th (or part of ...) on the piano with 2 fingers (fantastic I hear you roar!)
And like above, after a few I can air guitar like the best of 'em!
Cash on hand: 3,728.30
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:53 am
I can play guitar (electric and acoustic) and sing.

By sing, I mean that I can hold a tune, am pitch perfect, and don't sound too awful (most of the time for the latter one) :) I've been asked by friends to perform for them and even guested with a friend's band a couple of months ago on guitar.
Oscar Presenter
Cash on hand: 533.50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:40 am
I;m like traveller with singing - I can hold a tune and keep pitch, but I'm not confident singing on my own. During school I performed at school events in either a duet, a quartet or quintet. I also sang in a quintet accompanied by a concert band at Christmas Carols one year. But I don't know if my voice has the right timbre for me to sing on my own (and there's no way in hell I'd audition for idol!)

I also played violin all throughout school. I don't keep it up anymore, but every so often I get it out and I can still play a decent tune.

I can play guitar but only fairly basic stuff - usually its just used as an accompaniment to singing. I can also play very simple stuff on the piano if I have to :P
The user formerly known as Nahemah
[img92]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/nahemah/spikesig2.jpg[/img92]
Meme Me - My Shop
TV Babble - My Blog
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 160.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:47 am
i can sing and play guitar

well i didnt make the AI top 150 this yr cause i stuffed up

but i believe i could make the top 30 of Idol
Support Antarctica's 2026 FIFA World Cup Bid
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:42 am
I love this topic. I feel like a bit of a lost musician - ie. I still consider myself a musician but it's been ages since I've played many of my instruments.

I am a singer, have performed in groups often and solo a couple of times. Brings up this nervousness/adrenalin in you and you sing better than you ever had when you're alone.

I play the piano - well enough to sing and play, but haven't played seriously for a while. I mostly just play to sing along with. I think I got up to grade 4 or something until I decided to take it easy.

Played the clarinet all the way through school. Picked up the bassoon as well. Played guitar for a year or something, but me and string instruments are really not connected. My fingers are short and unco (even though I know you can still play guitar with short fingers!).
Cash on hand: 5,217.50
Bank: 5,096,960.90
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:45 am
I used to play the piano. I'm not very good though; I don't think I'd be any more than a Grade 3 standard at the absolute most.

A few people have told me that I can sing, but personally I can't see it. I'm definitely not good enough to sing on my own.

Logie Nominee
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:59 am
I play guitar (acoustic & electric), bass, I used to be able to play piano a bit in school and I can knock out a few basic beats on the drums.
[imgae]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/Matt_E/australian_flag.jpg[/imgae]
[imgae]http://imagegen.last.fm/recenttracks3/recenttracks/Matt_E-au.gif[/imgae]
www.l-o-f.blogspot.com

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 2.50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:07 am
I play the piano, but I had to give it up since I moved out of home... Not only would it be a bitch to actually get the piano into my flat, (stairs :() I would feel sorry for the neighbours having to put up with me playing all the time. . . I hope mum gets it tuned before I go back for summer. . . reminds me to get stuck into her about that ;)... I have looked at buying an electric piano.. might still get one one of these days :D.

I can sort of sing... Well, the PS2 singstar tells me I can :D I played it at my cousins house and beat a couple of top scores ;) I can hold a tune if I really try, but usually I'm just muttering along to my CD's as I'm doing my homework :D.
"It is now reckoned that the global Barbie population is almost a billion. With a billion Barbies on the planet, I've calculated that it would take an eight year old boy 317 years of non-stop work to pull all their heads off"

James May
Next

Return to General