Are You A Hoarder?

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 2,295.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:09 am
Bloody hell! I just went through some of my stuff in my vain efforts to do a bit of "spring cleaning" as they say and I am now convinced that I have a serious hoarding problem of all things non-essential. In fact I feel like a real twit.

Ok, firstly I have all these multiriders, train tickets, and bus tickets dating back to 1991 *sic*, stamp collection from when I was temporarily obsessed with it in year 4 *sic*, used movie tickets for every movie that I have seen (in fact the latest one is only a week old - Dodgeball) *sic* - coins and currency from countries I never knew I been to! *sic*

Oh, don't even start on my video cassette collection. I tape shows and just stash them away, thinking that I would somehow magically acquire heaps of spare time to peruse them all! Well, maybe I can make an exception to Big Brother purely due to Bree and Ashalea's presence, but Hey Hey its Saturday?? wtf??

Yeah, and I also have photos of past ex's which startled me to no end when I first stumbled across them. Happily for me, I have since disposed them in a fit of gratuitous rage.

Wow.. plenty of other stuff here, but I am exahusted. I need more time to sort out all my crap! Please tell me I am normal :shock: :o
[img75]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/dtw/front.jpg[/img75]
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:12 am
I hoard empty coke bottles, I don't want too but it is so far to the bin. :(
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:43 am
Yeah I usually hoard a bit of stuff then have a cleaning fit and throw it all in the bin.
Don't yah just hate coming across ex's photos nothing worse I don't think.
Haven't looked under my bed in awhile so me thinks I should look under their before anyone else does.
FREE SCHAPELLE
Daytime Soap Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:37 am
nope! i throqw lots of things away alot
Waiting for some fun shows again
Alias Stuntman
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:22 am
I tend to hoard stuff and it is something that I am trying to overcome.
I previously lived in a larger house with an abundance of storage space so it wasn't really a problem. At the moment I am living in a house that is smallish for my family and has limited storage. Having clutter makes it hard to keep the place tidy and organised. Therefore I am trying to be ruthless and throw most of it out. The problem for me is that when I go to throw something out, I end up deciding to keep it because I think that I will need it some day..........in a blue moon.
Game Show Host
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:38 am
yes, yes, yes, YES!!!
I seem to hoard clothes, books and general junk.
I have a big clean out every couple of months, but it only seems to get to one of the sheds. Now i have the dreadful task of cleaning them out :(
[imgcb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/ricsbride/Good.jpg[/imgcb]

A clean house is a sign of a broken computer
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 35.00
Bank: 1,418.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:46 am
I grew up in a house where both my parents hoarded things.. we had "useless" things everywhere.. of course Mum and Dad were quite proud of their "stuff".. but all it did for them was ensure they produced 4 kids who don't hoard and/or collect things.

My grandmother had a rule of thumb, and that was "keep it for 7 years, if you don't find a use by then.. it's junk - throw it out". Well I barely even wait 7 [i:2044644561]months[/i:2044644561]. My daughter, who is 10, bothers me no end.. she gets fiercely proud and protective of [i:2044644561]anything[/i:2044644561] in her room.. anything from a favourite toy to a piece of torn paper which she's scribbled something undecipherable on - it's [b:2044644561]ALL[/b:2044644561] highly treasured by her... our son, who is almost 12, on the other hand loves having a neat and tidy room. But as for the hubby.. well.. i try not to go into the shed [i:2044644561]too[/i:2044644561] much.. he claims he knows exactly where everything is and what it's main use is.. but i dunno..

Not that our place is spotless and devoid of "treasures", it's definitely a [i:2044644561]home[/i:2044644561] not a [i:2044644561]house[/i:2044644561]. But we do have some friends who are obsessive about junk.. it looks like they live in a display home, they only keep essential things.. no nick-nacks, barely a family photo even - they're all packed neatly away in albums in a bookshelf that barely sees a book. Of course, they don't have kids...
Hollywood Supporting Cast
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:45 pm
I'm not an extreme hoarder, but I do have hoarding tendencies when it comes to clothes. I have so many clothes that I haven't worn in years and years, some I don't even like at all, but for some reason just can't bring myself to get rid of them.
I also have a pair of shoes that are completely beyond repair - the only thing holding the soles on are rubber bands :P - but they were so comfortable in life I just don't want to think of them uncomfortable in death, on some trash heap somewhere. ;)

I also seem to hoard paper...I have all my school worksheets from back as far as grade 8, which was something like 9 years ago... and my floor is littered with sheets of paper which i just don't want to throw away for whatever reason.

We're so craaAAaAaazy.
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:01 pm
I don't know why but people (friends/neighbours) tend to give us stuff that they think we might like but that are usually completely useless to us. Eg, clothes that are too big for us or just look silly, books, dinnerware etc.

We'll usually have a clean out every year and donate the stuff to the Salvation Army but somehow it magically accumulates again when it seems like we have done nothing!

I still have really old books (maths books from year 7) that i can never seem to throw away (not through lack of trying). Clothes are my biggest thing cos often i will think that i might find an occassion to wear something again when i haven't worn it in 3 years or ever.

I need a magical bin that will get rid of stuff for me.
[imge8]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/funkyf/smallshows.gif[/imge8]
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:35 am
I'm a hoarder big time.

Magazines, empty deodorant cans, reciepts... although I am getting better! :D
Next

Return to General