Talk About Nothing

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:58 pm
Hopefully when the sims 4:comes out it will be compatible with mac

Mac has taken over the pc marketplace haven't they? :S
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,563.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:42 am
A lot of people are turning to Mac's that I know of.

I think a lot of people with Mac's have trouble getting tech help with Sims3, so I'd imagine they'd be working on that.
Cash on hand: 159.50
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:11 am
I just love it when people try to scam me on anything.

The latest attempt stemmed from Facebook.

I received a random Facebook friend request from a gentleman. His display picture was of a US Army Captain. You will understand why I have highlighted the rank. Having been previously had a random friend request from a US Marine who tried to scam me I decided to add this 'captain' and play with him.

In the case of the US Marine we chatted for about 8 hours and at the 6 hour mark he started the 'I need to get things out of secure storage and sent to me'. As soon as that happened I did a quick search of the net and found his entire 'script' and could predict what he was then going to say.

I love how I was at the birth of the internet and have never come up blank when I do a search.

Anyways, back to my captain. The day after I added him we started the chat.

Within minutes his first mistake appeared. He said he was a Senior Staff Sargeant (A rank that does not exist in the US Army) which I found interesting because of the photos of a Captain. This confirmed my suspicion that this was going to be a scam. So I played along.

He then started with the new 'I think I have found the one for me in you' story ... using the previous scam script I kept dropping hints about him needing ID and whatnot to get deployed back home. He did not take the bait so I kept talking and seeing where this would lead and then he dropped some key words and I was there. I had his new script in minutes and knew where the scam was going to head. This time it was going to be him trying to get me to invest in cocoa plantations.

Sp, we chatted for two days and then I was offline for a couple of days owing to a family emergency.

So, today he sends me a message saying that I had not been online lately so must have lost interest in him already.

I responded accordingly and then asked him point blank about the photo of him being of a Captain with a Bronze Star. Now I know that threw him because it took him a while to respond because there was nothing in his script about being questioned about the rank.

It was clear they were writing this new story on the fly because it just did not gel. So then he starts on the you really must have been burnt if you cannot even accept questions from an innocent person. And the best was when he said he thought that I had some diabolic intentions in questioning his rank.

I ended it by posting a photo of a Captain rank and said that is what you are wearing in the photos and not that of a Sargeant. I just then said nice try trying to scam and troll me but I dont play with trolls. :)

I love when they try to troll or scam me because they will never win. :D

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions

Cash on hand: 108,389.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:34 pm
@Admiral: lol. I liked your post. Now I know how to respond when people try to scam their way onto my facebook page.

I've had some randoms add me on facebook before. Most ive deleted straight away. The rest I just chat to them, with me being quite silly and childish. But I get bored in doing that, so I delete them quickly too. But I liked the way you responded "Admiral". I'll have fun the next time it happens and will play along.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:52 am
I've never had anything like that happen. :shock:
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:28 pm
I've been getting a fair few randoms lately on twitter. I'd say something and they'd start a normal conversation then BAM! They start spamming me. :lol:

Reality Show Contestant
Cash on hand: 77.50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:53 pm
:D :< :lol: ooX Amazing idea!
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:37 pm
I watched the latest film Adaptation for the French novel Belle and Sebastian

The main highlight of the film? A Pyrenean Mountain Dog!->

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:56 pm
I remember that being a TV series when I was a kid.
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:02 pm

:D
PreviousNext

Return to General