A Rant Space (Is now open)

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,283.00
Bank: 4,820,179.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:19 am
Yup, Startrack have hurled parcels over our fence before!
And speaking of couriers, I've been waiting for a parcel since November. I had a message on my answerphone by a woman with an accent I couldn't understand, telling me she was from CT Couriers (I got that bit) Something about a parcel from Korea (which is the one I've been waiting for) Something about checking the address, can't deliver, please phone this number (which I tried to listen to and write down about 20 times, tried calling 2 versions of what I'd managed to get - which were wrong. I Googled CT Couriers and found a number. It turns out there's something not correct about the address, so if I want it corrected and delivered it's going to cost me $13. Not an amount to kill me, but why should I have to pay for it to be delivered when I have already paid for delivery when I ordered the dress. So now I have to drive to the place and pick it up myself. It's been sitting there now for over a week as I haven't had chance to get there, but am going in about half an hour! Grrrr!
Sports Presenter
Cash on hand: 7.50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:38 pm
The way we get screwed over by delivery companies in Australia is amazing. The package thrown through my front window was from the US. The sender sent a nigh on identical package to the UK at the same time they sent mine. The UK destined package was in the addressee's hands a week later. My package was in my hands a week... +30 days later. Where it was for that month only Australia Post knows, and they won't tell. Their tracking system even denied my article ever existed.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:39 pm
MadCapper wrote:The way we get screwed over by delivery companies in Australia is amazing. The package thrown through my front window was from the US. The sender sent a nigh on identical package to the UK at the same time they sent mine. The UK destined package was in the addressee's hands a week later. My package was in my hands a week... +30 days later. Where it was for that month only Australia Post knows, and they won't tell. Their tracking system even denied my article ever existed.

That's crazy. I reckon they get held up at the docks/customs.Who knows.
Some parcels I've had arriving from China have taken over a month. Sometimes I think the postman is walking it over here.
Sports Presenter
Cash on hand: 7.50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:35 pm
I used to see a similar delay with Australia Post, but within Australia. Quite a few years ago I was posting DVDs around the place. I'd do up two identical mailers of discs and send one to a person in the UK and one to a person in Perth. Most of the time the person in the UK received the package, confirmed with a 'thanks, got it' email, before the person in Perth received his.
Cash on hand: 8,562.50
Bank: 664,684.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Not so much a rant as a grumble....Next week we start all over again with the reality shows (and it's still non ratings!) Oh well I have quite a few episodes of Scandi Noir shows from SBS that I have recorded over the last few weeks until something different comes on.... :lol:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:56 am
Rayne wrote:Not so much a rant as a grumble....Next week we start all over again with the reality shows (and it's still non ratings!) Oh well I have quite a few episodes of Scandi Noir shows from SBS that I have recorded over the last few weeks until something different comes on.... :lol:

Woo hoo! :<

:lol:
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,883.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:53 pm
Rayne wrote:Not so much a rant as a grumble....Next week we start all over again with the reality shows (and it's still non ratings!) Oh well I have quite a few episodes of Scandi Noir shows from SBS that I have recorded over the last few weeks until something different comes on.... :lol:

The thing is

Thats the trend

Just like the 90s when they had washed up movie stars migrate to tv in some serial

And so on... :<
I'm riding the prairie on my stallion, a mustang as such, and my sweetheart Mary now knits a stocking for me, a thousand miles away from here.

Cash on hand: 1,877.00
Bank: 1,041,530.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:45 am
Currently in the USA on a long overdue vacation and at my cousin's house he has cable and 2,500 channels to choose from and I still cannot find anything to watch :)

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Previous

Return to General