A Rant Space (Is now open)

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 159.50
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:43 pm
Rayne wrote:Since when is an episode of a show classed as "new" when it's cobbled together bits of previously shown episodes?

Last night's ep of Bondi Vet was classified as such. Yet I remember seeing the cow giving birth as well as the dog affected by a tick bite. I didn't wait around to see what else was stitched in there, but I bet it was previously seen footage. Misleading!!

RBT is guilty of the same thing.

I know that if it is being shown on another channel, say Foxtel instead of Channel 10, then Foxtel will say all new episode.

I do find it a pack of crock when they do that.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:19 pm
SO MUCH RAGE RIGHT NOW! Uni is driving me crazy. I just feel like i can't win.
Cash on hand: 13,565.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:53 am
I should have come here for my rant yesterday :x

I waited for half an hour yesterday morning for a prescription. The chemist was empty. What the pharmacist was doing behind the counter is absolutely beyond me. Then a woman came in who had obviously dropped her script off before me and went away for 20 minutes (wise woman) got served before me. A guy arrived and went behind the counter and I saw from what he took from the shelf was my pills, then proceeded to leave them where they were and began taking passport pictures of a man who just walked in.
Talk about agitation. I don't do waiting (for that length of time) very well!
I finally called out to the woman how much longer am I going to have to wait and she asked for my name, and she said yes it's done she just has to double check it, and I thought GET ON WITH IT THEN!!!!!!!

I then ran into another situation in St. George. About 8 people in the queue, 2 tellers, and half an hour while one teller had to go off and find $1 coins for the customer, and the other teller fiddled around with whatever she was doing. Meanwhile other employees are standing around other parts of the bank.

I then went into the spice/tea shop to buy some loose tea, when a man appeared while I was being served to ask the lady where the ATM is. She couldn't get it across to him and he insisted in asking her a million questions while she was serving me!

ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Maybe in the Big Scheme Of Things, I was being taught patience!
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:00 pm
I have a few rants...

People who invite you over (or come to your house or meet you somewhere) and don't warn you that they're sick with some contagious virus. I get it, you really want to spend time with your friends/family so you don't want to have to postpone seeing them.....but you'd actually be doing your friends/family a huge favour by letting them know you're ill and then waiting til you're better to see them.

I have got a virus right now that I caught from two friends, who invited me over with about one weeks' advance knowledge but failed to tell me that they'd come down with some severe cold in the meantime, inclusive of bad cough. Yay. They have apologised for infecting me, though.

Also, if someone tells you they'll be at your house at 10.30, then don't leave the house just before then so that your friend arrives to an empty house. Even worse, failing to bother to send that friend a text explaining your sudden need to go shopping is even more rude. Of course, an emergency is a perfectly acceptable reason to not be at home when your guest arrives.

Oh and people who have never owned a cat (or been owned by one) claiming that cats aren't loving creatures. Grrrr! Yes they are! My cat died in December and she was friendly, affectionate and very loving. She wouldn't have gone for walkies like dogs do but she certainly loved me as much as any dog would have done.
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
Cash on hand: 9,140.00
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:32 am
Seven has changed their Monday night programming. Grey's Anatomy has been bumped to 10.30pm for an extra episode of Big Bang Theory - a TRIPLE repeat. Come on! Ridiculous that new content is pushed out for repeats! :x
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 30,527.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:41 pm
Rayne wrote:Seven has changed their Monday night programming. Grey's Anatomy has been bumped to 10.30pm for an extra episode of Big Bang Theory - a TRIPLE repeat. Come on! Ridiculous that new content is pushed out for repeats! :x

Don't watch Greys but I'm with your angst Rayne - what's sadder is (if) BBT rates better than Greys in the timeslot. :?
Cash on hand: 9,140.00
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:14 pm
Had The Voice on as background noise while doing other things, noticed a couple of girls totally emasculating Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and then to top it off last night another girl massacred Bowie's "Heroes". No wonder I don't watch these shows - slowing a song down to sleep mode and doing vocal gymnastics to it does nothing for your credibility as an artist.

Either do the song as it was meant to be or leave it the hell alone! :x
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:14 pm
Rayne wrote:Had The Voice on as background noise while doing other things, noticed a couple of girls totally emasculating Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and then to top it off last night another girl massacred Bowie's "Heroes". No wonder I don't watch these shows - slowing a song down to sleep mode and doing vocal gymnastics to it does nothing for your credibility as an artist.

Either do the song as it was meant to be or leave it the hell alone! :x

I have to agree with you ... either do it right or not at all.

I was once in the audience for The X Factor and one guy tried to sing a Lady Gaga songs and ballsed it up completely to not even remembering the words.

Sports Presenter
Cash on hand: 10.00
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:27 pm
OOOO, a rant space. Excellent </mr burns>

I've been away from this forum for a darned long time but this has really got my goat so I'm posting it everywhere I can....

So here I am today sitting in the kitchen, for no particular reason. I have clear view of my front door. Not a soul approaches.

Then from the front window I hear 'hey fatso' followed shortly by a whack as something hit something else.

Yes, you guessed it. The Startrack delivery person has not only not even bothered to knock on the door, they've hurled an insult at me (I'm over 6' and less than 65kg BTW) and then simply tossed the package through the open front window.

So what's your AP / Startrack experiences?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:49 am
MadCapper wrote:OOOO, a rant space. Excellent </mr burns>

I've been away from this forum for a darned long time but this has really got my goat so I'm posting it everywhere I can....

So here I am today sitting in the kitchen, for no particular reason. I have clear view of my front door. Not a soul approaches.

Then from the front window I hear 'hey fatso' followed shortly by a whack as something hit something else.

Yes, you guessed it. The Startrack delivery person has not only not even bothered to knock on the door, they've hurled an insult at me (I'm over 6' and less than 65kg BTW) and then simply tossed the package through the open front window.

So what's your AP / Startrack experiences?

Oh dear, StarTrack my least favourite company. I would never ever ever ever use StarTrack for anything by choice.

I once ordered some electronics for my work and they kept 'losing' the item and when they found it they said it was in a dedicated car and was on its way to me and that I should have it within the hours. Six hours later it finally arrived.

I would certainly be posting your story anywhere and everywhere humanly possible and see if they have a Facebook page and post it there or even post it on Twitter.

PreviousNext

Return to General