OOPS..

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Site Admin
Cash on hand: 575.00
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Sorry guys. I forgot to add my cc details. Done now and the hosts are happy. Google ad words coming in the future unless someone else wants to put their card down. Sorry for the ad's but its how things go.

Love you all.
tek | Admin and TVAus Founder.

It's unlikely that I will respond to PM's so please tweet me if there are any issues with the site. My twitter handle is @stewartmatheson.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 5,217.50
Bank: 5,096,960.90
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:30 pm
Thanks for filling us in, tek. :)
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:53 pm
tek wrote:Google ad words coming in the future unless someone else wants to put their card down. Sorry for the ad's but its how things go.
Donation drives seem to work well in several other forums I am a member of. Talk Rational, for instance, pays its hosting fees annually (big discount that way) and covers the cost within a month each year. I don't think Google ads will ever be able to do that.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:11 pm
tek wrote:Sorry guys. I forgot to add my cc details. Done now and the hosts are happy. Google ad words coming in the future unless someone else wants to put their card down. Sorry for the ad's but its how things go.

Love you all.

No worries tek. Like Fringedweller said maybe donations is the key. I know i cant afford to pay all the fees and what not but i would sure be able to donate some money towards it. Anyway let us know.
Cash on hand: 192.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:17 pm
There did used to be a way we could donate to Syl, which I had done previously, maybe we can do that again.

I would think that even if 25 people donated $10 that that would probably cover the hosting fees and domain registration fees.

I will mention this to Tek and see if we can setup a bank account that the donations can be made to and then have the hosting fees come straight out of that.

Would members be willing to donate $10 to go towards the hosting fees?

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:40 pm
According to my unreliable memory Syl used to pay about $120 per month to the server's provider. Provided current fees are the same that would amount to 144 $10 donations per year. My suggestion is to sticky a thread with details about BSB/Account numbers and perhaps a Paypal account for overseas members, have regular donation drives and keep us informed of how much money is required to meet upcoming bills. Then just see how things develop.

Alternatively, I'll publish details of mine and promise to keep you posted from a yacht anchored near an uncrowded, glassy point-break somewhere in a subtropical part of the South Pacific.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
Cash on hand: 13,738.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:56 am
Ads don't worry me. If they work, go for it!

Return to General