World AIDS Day

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 192.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:05 am
December 1st marks the annual World AIDS Day and you can all show your support by wearing a red ribbon.

I was actually quite shocked this morning to see not one of the morning show hosts (Today and Sunrise) were wearing a red ribbon. I posted something on Twitter and Facebook about this and then miraculously Melissa Doyle at 7am appeared wearing a red ribbon.

The big shocker was when someone rang Channel 9 to enquire why they were not wearing red ribbons only to be told "We dont support every charity". Talk about a slap in the face to the AIDS Trust or other AIDS charities.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 5,217.50
Bank: 5,096,960.90
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:10 pm
The_Admiral wrote:December 1st marks the annual World AIDS Day and you can all show your support by wearing a red ribbon.

I was actually quite shocked this morning to see not one of the morning show hosts (Today and Sunrise) were wearing a red ribbon. I posted something on Twitter and Facebook about this and then miraculously Melissa Doyle at 7am appeared wearing a red ribbon.

The big shocker was when someone rang Channel 9 to enquire why they were not wearing red ribbons only to be told "We dont support every charity". Talk about a slap in the face to the AIDS Trust or other AIDS charities.

Shocking indeed, but not surprising from the knobs at Channel 9.

Return to General