Gardeners World

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,730.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm
JH wrote:Gardens R U? Gardeners Road? :lol:

"Us", but yes! Bloody long road with one garden center, that's why I was surprised I'd never noticed it before.
I wonder if the center was there first? :? Doubt it - something else to Google! :roll:

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:01 pm
Jayel wrote:

"Us", but yes! Bloody long road with one garden center, that's why I was surprised I'd never noticed it before.
I wonder if the center was there first? :? Doubt it - something else to Google! :roll:

Can't believe I missed the "s". :oops: But still a fairly craptastic name with Toys R Us around.
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:04 am
JH wrote:
Jayel wrote:

Can't believe I missed the "s". :oops: But still a fairly craptastic name with Toys R Us around.

:D

I forgot to tell you about the MASSIVE Bagworm I found climbing up the front wall! :shock:

This time the inner worm's head was out :?

Nasty business trying to dispose of it. Remember the one that ate it's way out of the plastic bag WE (not I ... :? ) put it in thinking it was dead? This one was twice the size!

Bloody gardens. Thankfully all the spiders have packed up their webs and gone wherever they go at this time of the year!
Cash on hand: 30,587.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 am
Jayel wrote:I forgot to tell you about the MASSIVE Bagworm I found climbing up the front wall! :shock:

This time the inner worm's head was out :?

Yuk. That sounds just dirty. :(

Jayel wrote:Bloody gardens. Thankfully all the spiders have packed up their webs and gone wherever they go at this time of the year!

My spiders hang around during winter. Their webs look pretty when they are still frozen in the morning and the sun is on them. :)

I am confident that the snakes :x have slithered off for a couple of months - finally I can walk down to my dam and through the long grass and take the dogs.
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 pm
I remember the webs back in the UK in winter, as you say, really quite beautiful - while vacated.

You must have different garden spiders down there cleo. The one's we usually have, the St. Andrews Cross and the friggin' even uglier Orb all pack up and go in Autumn, meaning I can leave the house through the front garden instead of
having to go down through the garage. They constantly weave their webs across the walkway and I hate having to do battle with a broom and spider before reaching the front gate! :x

Now snakes, I've never encountered outside of the zoo Image

No pictures taken today. It's not stopped raining.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:18 pm
Found it! I knew there was a gardening thread here somewhere!

Last week we decided to cut back out Tiboucina as they tell you to do so at the end of winter.

We lopped it right back to nearly stumps as it had grown so much this year. While we were shoving the old branches into the green bin, all these leaf insects started appearing at the top of the bin, so we started catching them all and putting them back on what was left of the tree.

This is the closest I can find of what they looked like. There were about 3 different variates, and a couple og big Praying Mantises, and the oddest little spider which was lime green with a yellow bum! Couldn't find anything on the net to tell us what he/she was!

Cash on hand: 30,587.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:59 pm
^^ It's a leaf. With legs. :shock:
Cash on hand: 9,812.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:24 pm
cleo wrote:^^ It's a leaf. With legs. :shock:

It's a katydid. Lots of pics here:

http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm=isc ... .1.3.1l6l0
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:44 pm
Rayne wrote:
cleo wrote:^^ It's a leaf. With legs. :shock:

It's a katydid. Lots of pics here:

http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm=isc ... .1.3.1l6l0

Woah! Thanks Rayne, loads of what I've got.

Had a death today. A HUGE grashopper was under my outdoor table covered with ants.

It was one we saved last week :(

PMSL @ cleo - exactly!
Previous

Return to General