TVWAus Clubhouse

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,920.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:49 pm
the easiest solution to that problem is for wa kids to emmigrate to sydney or another country :P
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:23 am
Zeal wrote:Yeah water is already an issue this year, let alone for 2 million people.

But WA is huge, its really does need two or three other decent size cities to spread the people out. Bunbury, Geraldton and one up north maybe.

Yeah, WA is a highly centralised state (population wise) though it's hardly alone, as NSW and QLD aside, so are the other states and territories of Australia and, in wider terms, so is Australia on a whole, with most of the people still in the capitals or living in urban areas on the coast, ofcourse.

There has been talk about the mining boom 'maybe' making some difference, to the communities up north, even though most of the workers are still 'fly in, fly outers' and in any case are hardly the 'young families' that most communities seek in order to grow. But yeah, given this boom is going to supposedly last for quite a while yet (On China's demand), then maybe longer term, who knows? And the controversial push into exploration off the coast the Kimberley, will see another massive economic injection into the economy, but ofcourse a major source of debate is just how much of that will reach back into the local communities there, including the Indigenous population.

The likes of Broome will continue to grow at a fair rate in any case. I'm not sure about Port Hedland, with the problems/reputation of South Hedland and what have you, but presumably there and other cities in the Pilbara region may slowly start to benefit from the boom too, perhaps - but again, maybe not as much as locals may want/need I guess.

With Geraldton, there's a major, resources related project planned there too, with Oakajee Port planned not that far north of the city (20kms or so), which should inject alot into Geraldton's economy, including longer aswell as short term jobs. Hmm maybe THAT project WILL have MORE direct impact on a/that regional town because it's a Port and also because Geraldton is a big enough town, so snowball wise, could be more attractive for those who are coming in for Oakajee related projects to become more permanent/longer term residents?
TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:48 pm
Happy New Year my fellow Sandgropers! :<
Cash on hand: 13,648.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:35 pm
Cellar Door wrote:Happy New Year my fellow Sandgropers! :<

How good is that! I need to send that to my niece in England. She'll love that having been here for a year! O<> O<> O<>
Cash on hand: 1,111.70
Bank: 6,216,997.00
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:21 pm
OMG!!! Perth now on cyclone watch :o :o

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 2,064.80
Mood: infactuated
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 pm
Not much of a cyclone here. we only had a downpour, some thunder and then it was over. Disappointing we didn't get more rain but none of the destruction they had up in York. What about you Zeal?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:31 am
Yeah same here. A decent lengthy downpour, bit of a big blow, couple of bolts of lightning, couple of rumbles and it was over. The next day and night were worse with all that bloody drizzle and humidity!!! :evil:

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 2,064.80
Mood: infactuated
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 am
Zeal wrote:Yeah same here. A decent lengthy downpour, bit of a big blow, couple of bolts of lightning, couple of rumbles and it was over. The next day and night were worse with all that bloody drizzle and humidity!!! :evil:

That humidty was awful. I had a headache from it all day long and nothing could help it. :twisted: It doesn't seem to be getting too hot this week but I am OVER summer. When does it get back to mild temps again? :?:
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,920.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:26 pm
The Cyclone warning about exact impact on Perth a few days back, was the stuff that makes it into the blog for Things Bogans Like
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 pm
An awful day here today, another day of strong winds that are now pushing fires into the outer Perth suburbs. A number of houses have been lost evidently. Please send us some rain!!!
PreviousNext

Return to General