News Non-stories

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 5,067.50
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:48 am
Was going to start a thread in NaCA but thought I'd put it here. Often people will reply to threads over there is "non-story!" and I was thinking there are much better candidates out there so I'll start off with the perfect news story not worth mentioning and others can follow :wink:

[quote:f76baf3125]MERCEDES CORBY has joined the ranks of models Miranda Kerr and Jennifer Hawkins in stripping down for the cover of the men's magazine Ralph.

The older sister of the convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby appears on the cover of the magazine's latest issue in a sexy pose in a white swimsuit and blonde hairdo.

Corby has been lying low since her multimillion-dollar defamation payout from the Network Seven six months ago, but thought it was about time to do something fun and positive.

"It's good to have some nice photos at my age with three kids," Ms Corby, 33, said from Bali.

"It was really nice to be done up with the hair and make-up. It was a different experience and I had a lot of fun."

Ms Corby made a secret visit to Australia last month for the photo shoot. She was tentative when first approached by the magazine, but said Schapelle helped persuade her to do it.

"I asked her opinion and she was all for it - as was my husband," Ms Corby said. "She just told me I need a tan and just be confident."

Ms Corby showed her sister the photos on Thursday in Kerobokan jail where Schapelle is serving 20 years for smuggling marijuana. "She was really happy with them. She was really excited," she said. "We had a bit of fun with it."

Ms Corby says she is not going to worry too much about what people think of her.

"I get criticised all the time … Those people they don't know me. I don't really care," she said.

The editor of Ralph, Santi Pintado, said he was "surprised how well she looked". "She grew up on the beaches so she's obviously comfortable wearing a bikini. She is actually a hot little mumma," he said.

Ms Corby was paid, but Pintado would not say how much. "To be honest it's not as much as people would think," he said.

He would love to have Schapelle in the magazine one day. "Her mum Rose was actually on the shoot and said we'd have to shoot Schapelle when she comes out with Mercedes.[/quote:f76baf3125]
http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/people/mercedes-shows-a-little-chassis/2008/12/14/1229189446549.html
:sicky: :wink:

NON-STORY! :lol:
Cash on hand: 6,180.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:55 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice work PF. That is a non story. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:05 am
If I find more I'll be sure to post them. Don't wait for me though :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:44 am
Just one more before others throw in:

[quote:1a2243983a]No short cuts to finding love

STANDING at nearly 173cm tall, Serena Woollams finds meeting men of a greater height than her can be a tall order.

Like most women, the 32-year-old from Gladesville loves wearing heels but often ends up feeling like a giraffe when she stands beside the men she dates.

She is one of a growing number of single women who are attending made-to-measure speed dating events in an attempt to find their perfect partner.

"I have dated some really nice guys who are short but I guess I find it's nice being eye-to-eye with someone, being able to talk to them standing up," she said.

"It's nice when you can wear heels and not have to stoop."

Craig Spence, who is 193cm, said short women who liked tall men also attended the events.

Fast Impressions speed dating service founder and CEO Justin Parfitt said people looking for like-minded souls were embracing the special events to meet fellow travel lovers, foodies and other university-educated singles.

To his surprise, he found they were more interested in meeting people who made similar lifestyle choices than particular physical characteristics, such as hair colour or nationality.

"People are becoming a little bit pickier in terms of who they want to be with," he said.[/quote:1a2243983a]
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24798524-5006007,00.html

Gee some people are such a waste of space :eh: :wink:
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 1,729,186.60
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:23 am
Great PF :wink:

Too bad no one replied to my conspiracy thread :x
Cash on hand: 13,565.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:10 am
That Mercedes story was on the Today Show this morning, and there was a lot of background tittering going on, definitely a non story!

That girl certainly doesn't do herself any favours! :roll:
Cash on hand: 9,140.00
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:56 pm
[quote:4d7079d812="PF"]Just one more before others throw in:

[quote:4d7079d812]No short cuts to finding love

STANDING at nearly 173cm tall, Serena Woollams finds meeting men of a greater height than her can be a tall order.

Like most women, the 32-year-old from Gladesville loves wearing heels but often ends up feeling like a giraffe when she stands beside the men she dates.

She is one of a growing number of single women who are attending made-to-measure speed dating events in an attempt to find their perfect partner.

"I have dated some really nice guys who are short but I guess I find it's nice being eye-to-eye with someone, being able to talk to them standing up," she said.

"It's nice when you can wear heels and not have to stoop."

Craig Spence, who is 193cm, said short women who liked tall men also attended the events.

Fast Impressions speed dating service founder and CEO Justin Parfitt said people looking for like-minded souls were embracing the special events to meet fellow travel lovers, foodies and other university-educated singles.

To his surprise, he found they were more interested in meeting people who made similar lifestyle choices than particular physical characteristics, such as hair colour or nationality.

"People are becoming a little bit pickier in terms of who they want to be with," he said.[/quote:4d7079d812]
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24798524-5006007,00.html

Gee some people are such a waste of space :eh: :wink:[/quote:4d7079d812]

Oh god she is about as tall as I am and my husband is only slightly taller than me :roll: He doesn't mind when I wear heels in fact he encourages it, he doesn't mind if I seem taller (in 4" heels I'm close to 6 feet tall :D ).

Talk about a whinging cow, and definitely non news! :sicky:
Tonight Show Host
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:01 pm
anything on Mercedes Corby is always a 'non-news story'. Lol.

And a slightly taller-than-average female wearing heels? Is that really news-worthy?

Haha. This topic is great :)
Cash on hand: 1,987.50
Bank: 49,423.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:16 pm
she's really bad, and looks like Mr Ed!
Cash on hand: 13,565.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:22 pm
[quote:e6b861cada="Lord Bawdo"]she's really bad, and looks like Mr Ed![/quote:e6b861cada]

WHO Mercedes or the tall girl?

Poor horse, I think that's a major insult to Mr. Ed!
Next

Return to General