Gym!

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:19 pm
Yeah, I am trying to maintain too ;)

Went 2 days in a row now, that is after over 3 weeks not going at all...I hope I can keep it up, but boy are my muscles hating me right now ;)
Cash on hand: 9,812.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:57 pm
VMars wrote:Yeah, I am trying to maintain too ;)

Went 2 days in a row now, that is after over 3 weeks not going at all...I hope I can keep it up, but boy are my muscles hating me right now ;)

I had to stop doing boxing for a couple of months because of a niggling shoulder injury (all better now though after 3 acupuncture sessions :< ), I really missed it but substituted with a spin class once or twice a week. I'm surprised, now that I'm back boxing, that my fitness was only a little below what it had been before. BUT my forearms hurt like a b*tch and I certainly knew I'd had a workout after that first class back! :lol:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

TV Watcher
Cash on hand: 52.50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:07 pm
How can you lose weight without exercising? I am a work-a-holic and i have no time to exercise.. What can I do to lose weight without exercising on a regular basis?
Last edited by caitlina on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 am
caitlina wrote:How can you lose weight without exercising? I am a work-a-holic and i have no time to exercise.. What can I do to lose weight without exercising on a regular basis?

You don't need to go to a gym to exercise, you can do it at home. A couple of buckets of water in each hand (weigh them first, aim for 2kg each to start with then work your way up) can be used as hand weights for squats. A half hour walk or run around the block 3-4 times a week. Use cans of baked beans as small hand weights for tricep work and bicep curls. Invest in a skipping rope, skipping is excellent cardio exercise. Put a CD on and dance!

Watch your diet. Eat lean meats, grilled fish, skinless chicken, fresh fruit and vegetables. Learn to read food labels and avoid foods high in sugar and salt. Switch to wholegrain bread, white bread is full of sugar and is too refined. Limit takeout and fast food. I rarely eat that now, I've lost my taste for it *ew*.

Be aware that you will seem to lose weight quickly then "level out" or plateau. Much of what you lose at first will be "water weight". If you start to plateau, you are most likely replacing fat with muscle, which weighs more. That is good, because muscle will help you speed up your metabolism! Try upping the intensity of what you are doing (more walking/running, heavier weights) and you will notice the weight starting to come off again :)

I don't believe that anyone can't find half an hour in a day to do some exercise!
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:07 pm
I started going to Zumba classes every week in September, I really enjoy it. :<

Then I renewed my gym membership in November with a brand new determination to work hard and lose weight, become fitter and more flexible. Over the last year all I'd done was maintain my weight :| .

Now it's been around 6 weeks of attending the gym 3 times (or even 4) per week, as well as the Zumba class (not run by the gym). I've gone to Basic Abs class every week and Stretch class as often as I can.

I started lifting 4kg dumbells and am now at 6kg, a nice improvement for me. My arms are definetly stronger and when I poke them I can feel the hard muscle! An arm machine that I do, was set at 10kg initially and I am now at 15kg, which was impossible to do at first. It only goes up in 5kg intervals and I tried 20kg the other day and just managed to do two repetitions, have decided to stick with 15kg for now and just increase the repetitions.

After 6 weeks of abs classes, I have longer endurance levels. I am mostly the only person in the class or there is one other lady.
It's supposed to run for 25 mins but the trainer personalises it for my weakish abs and the lady's weakish abs so we only do 10 minutes or so. He's been giving me harder ab exercises and even though there are officially no classes on Wed 28th, he told me if I come to the gym he'd take me through all the abs exercises. So nice of him to offer, such a friendly gym! :)

It's a slow journey for me, aside from my new look and feel arms, I've only noticed one other small thing, my upper abs are looking more defined. When I suck in my flab, they look even more defined. Too bad that right underneath this defined area is my flabby belly, that I still have to get rid of!

I'll book an update in Jan, too get weighed, measured and pinched with the fat pinching thing.
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
I tried Zumba a couple of times, but I'm not co-ordinated enough :oops: I prefer the more physical workouts like boxing and pump :mrgreen:

i put my pump weights up yesterday for the first time since my shoulder injury healed. Only an extra kilo, but I'm feeling it today :shock: Shoulder is fine if I do the chest presses on the floor instead of a bench so my elbows don't drop too far down, so I think I will stick to that permanently.

Last time I weighed myself I was 69.5kg. I had plateaued at around 71kg and without hardly even trying the weight dropped :o Maybe I'm eating healthier or something! :D
Cash on hand: 882.50
Bank: 3,905,233.20
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:33 am
I hate zumba. I can not dance and it is so awkward - I also didn't feel like it did much for me - I personally need to push myself to extreme limites every day I exercise or I don't feel like I've worked hard enough. That said I shouldn't judge it as I did it for 15 minutes as part of a monster fitness class thing my gym did.

My weekly workouts are like this at the moment.

Monday
Cycle Class - 45 mins
Free Weights session - 1 hour
Abs - 15 mins

Tuesday
Body Pump - 1 hour
Cardio Boxing - 1 hour
Mixed Netball - 45 mins

Wednesday
Cardio - 1 hour
Free Weights - 45 mins
Abs - 15 mins

Thursday
Cardio Boxing - 1 hour
OR
Body Pump - 1 hour

Then

Swimming - 2-3kms
or
Cario - 30 - 45 mins

Friday
Cycle Class - 45 mins

Optional - Free Weights - 45 mins

Saturday
Body Pump

Sunday
Bike Ride

Daytime Soap Star
Cash on hand: 105.00
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:32 pm
I used to go to the gym 5 times a week for 2 hour sessions. I did it for about a year and lost 10kgs. I'm at about 65kgs which is good for a 22 year old male. Though i'd be happy to put on some muscle to take me to 70kg.

Now I go 2-3 times a week for hour long sessions. I figure life's too short to spend 10 hours a week at the gym.
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:58 pm
After a year of struggling I am back at it again for the holidays.

3 Days in a row so far. I want to get back to my lowest weight of 82 kg's, but feel under 85kg is a realistic goal I can reach.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:15 am
2-3 times a week is enough for me. Bodycombat, boxing and pump keep me fit and toned.

With doing dialysis at home, sometimes we finish too late to go to the class I want. 5.30 is usually too early unless Mr Rayne is doing shorter time than usual. Sometimes I have to switch e.g do spin instead of pump. But I usually do make 3 times a week even though it may not be my first choice of class :)
Previous

Return to General