What Is Really Bugging You Right Now?

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 pm
Jayel wrote:I don't suppose two cows roaming free would get away with it for too long.
Not only that, but they would also be feeling considerable pain within a day. Cows need to be milked daily to avoid it.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 30,562.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 pm
Jayel wrote: ... She told me of her cows (beef cattle) ... I don't suppose two cows roaming free would get away with it for too long.

Fringedweller wrote:Not only that, but they would also be feeling considerable pain within a day. Cows need to be milked daily to avoid it.

Nup. Beef cattle not milkers. ;)

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:22 pm
How the Ipad becomes harder - not easier - to use with every new iOS update. The latest one is 7.01 and I can't for the life of me find how to lock my screen (that has always been double clicking the home button, swiping across twice and lock), the page finder has disappeared and bookmarking pages don't go into bookmarks rather into favourites with websites Apple has lumped onto us (Apple, ESPN, yahoo) and they can't be deleted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:11 pm
Channel 10 news leading with the Chopper Reid funeral service before the Laos air disaster. Before anything really.

It's a cold day in hell when we start getting news reports lobbed at us about these sorts of people. Any tourist would thing Australia are mourning an author. :roll:
Cash on hand: 167.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:59 pm
Supernatural-Fan wrote:Channel 10 news leading with the Chopper Reid funeral service before the Laos air disaster. Before anything really.

It's a cold day in hell when we start getting news reports lobbed at us about these sorts of people. Any tourist would thing Australia are mourning an author. :roll:

Seriously ... the lead with his funeral despite the Laos disaster and the Sydney fires.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Cash on hand: 30,562.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:10 am
Strange - didn't see the creeps memorial - all I saw was fires ...

Stupid weather. I had to break the ice off the top off the water troughs this morning. :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:30 am
cleo wrote:Strange - didn't see the creeps memorial - all I saw was fires ...

Stupid weather. I had to break the ice off the top off the water troughs this morning. :?

Sorry about not explaining, it was on Melbourne's channel 10 news. :)
Cash on hand: 13,655.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:18 am
The fact that my fridge died last night and now I have to go out this afternoon to buy a new one - that cuts into Sim time! :x
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:10 pm
What is bugging me right now is job hunting! :(

It is getting rather depressing. Even just to apply to work in a supermarket you have to fill out forms, have references and preferably some experience. Just to stand behind a cash register.

What happened to jobs where they're happy to train you if you don't have experience?

Plus lots of jobs out there seem to be for high up positions such as managers, duty managers, store managers, chefs, chef de partie, senior this and senior that.

It frustrates me :evil:

I'd go back to the factory I used to work at, even though the pay was minimum wage and there were no promotional opportunities but they're gone. They moved premises a few years after I was made redundant, and now that premises is something else. Also, I saw the wife of my ex-boss selling plant and vegetable seedlings out of the back of a van at the local markets, with the boss's name on the side of the van. So I can see what they've moved on to.

Factories are becoming extinct in Australia, due to manufacturing being cheaper overseas. Certainly no one out there is looking for an experienced pad printer.

Sigh. I think I need to win the lotto.
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:01 pm
Telemarketers. They've been calling 3-4 times a week for the past few weeks. Their numbers have come up on our Caller ID so I know who they are before I even answer the phone. We have had about 4 different numbers call us and multiple calls from the same number always giving us a different business name. They're all calls from a death insurance place and one guy even told me he was from "CMS", like who the crap is CMS? It's like, "you don't know who CMS is? :o ". I can't believe that guy gave me an abbreviated name as if I would fall into his trap. Odd that that guy called me from the same number as the death insurance place the previous day. :oops:

Now I just say, "This is a private number. Stop calling." and hang up before they get a word in. Very annoying!
PreviousNext

Return to General