What Are You Thinking About?

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
User avatar
Oscar Nominee
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:49 pm
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:09 am
I am wondering just how much water is in the Otto bin belonging to the people about six houses down from us. The rubbish collection is done on Thursdays but today the bin is still just sitting out the front, with its lid hanging open. As often happens when the mechanical arm puts the bin down after emptying, the lid doesn't shut, but flips back and stays open.
Yesterday it had been pouring with rain all morning already when I drove past returning from a trip to town and noticed it. It continued to pour all day and well into last night. So perhaps the bin is half full by now.
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 32299
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 am
Cash on hand: 13,665.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Location: Somewhere In General
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:01 am
couch_potato wrote:I am wondering just how much water is in the Otto bin belonging to the people about six houses down from us. The rubbish collection is done on Thursdays but today the bin is still just sitting out the front, with its lid hanging open. As often happens when the mechanical arm puts the bin down after emptying, the lid doesn't shut, but flips back and stays open.
Yesterday it had been pouring with rain all morning already when I drove past returning from a trip to town and noticed it. It continued to pour all day and well into last night. So perhaps the bin is half full by now.

I'd be getting a front row seat on bin day if I was you. That sounds like it could be interesting!
Image
User avatar
Oscar Nominee
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:49 pm
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:38 pm
I'm wondering about people who trash their rental houses. Do they perhaps keep their house fairly normal until the moment they hear they've got x days or weeks to pack up and leave, then decide to trash the place in the x days/weeks before they leave?

Surely no one would trash a place, then continue to live in it for months and months......with holes in walls and doors, rubbish everywhere and food smeared all over the kitchen. It wouldn't be my idea of comfortable living.
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
User avatar
Hollywood Walk of Fame Star
Posts: 1662
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:25 am
Cash on hand: 200.00
Bank: 298,232.00
Location: Melbourne
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:01 pm
Why Windows 8 makes it so complicated to install games..... grrrrr
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 32299
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 am
Cash on hand: 13,665.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Location: Somewhere In General
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:28 pm
JAG_FAN wrote:Why Windows 8 makes it so complicated to install games..... grrrrr

I've been reading on the Sims site people are having a bad time with win8. I've also read if you're buying a new computer avoid win8. Sounds like the Vista thing all over again.

Good luck with it.
Image
User avatar
Hollywood Walk of Fame Star
Posts: 1662
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:25 am
Cash on hand: 200.00
Bank: 298,232.00
Location: Melbourne
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:42 pm
Jayel wrote:
JAG_FAN wrote:Why Windows 8 makes it so complicated to install games..... grrrrr

I've been reading on the Sims site people are having a bad time with win8. I've also read if you're buying a new computer avoid win8. Sounds like the Vista thing all over again.

Good luck with it.


Yeah unfortunately all new computers come with Windows 8 these days- I have messaged Rockstar games for support but even the info I have to give them sounds complicated! Better off finding my old games and trying them instead lol
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 32299
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 am
Cash on hand: 13,665.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Location: Somewhere In General
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:03 pm
JAG_FAN wrote:
Jayel wrote:
JAG_FAN wrote:Why Windows 8 makes it so complicated to install games..... grrrrr

I've been reading on the Sims site people are having a bad time with win8. I've also read if you're buying a new computer avoid win8. Sounds like the Vista thing all over again.

Good luck with it.


Yeah unfortunately all new computers come with Windows 8 these days- I have messaged Rockstar games for support but even the info I have to give them sounds complicated! Better off finding my old games and trying them instead lol

It's a nightmare all round. I have the minimum requirements for Sims 3 on my laptop, but it run fine compared to my old laptop. Since then I've been checking out future laptops with the right requirements and after doing this I notice now that the newer graphic cards aren't even recognized by the game and people are now having to try and alter game settings to make the game recognize them. It's a fiasco!
Image
User avatar
Oscar Nominee
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:49 pm
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:12 pm
I think it's a bit odd that an older DS game should have more trade value than a newer 3DS game. Yoshi's Island DS is apparently worth $15 whilst Super Paper Mario 3DS is only worth $12.

Oh well, I know EB and JB Hi-Fi can both be rip-offs but at least I am rid of 5 games and got a nice large discount on a game that has sat at the same price level for a few years (why its price tag hasn't gone down befuddles me).

I guess trade value all depends on how well each title sells. Rabbids 3D is only worth $4 apparently. Must be a poor seller!

I had a look at Cash Converters this week, never been in there before but wanted to know what they sell. Musical instruments, some small appliances, speakers, jewellery, game consoles, DVDs and games. From the sell prices of the games, they'd likely have offered me some rip-off price for my games as well.

Of course, EB had to have a shite selection of DS/3DS/Wii games in my local store on the day I traded, so only one game I had in mind was available. Oh well, makes for an easy choice.

I am also thinking about how glad I am that the election is nearly here, so all the political advertising can stop. Got a recorded message via the phone from Tony Abbott today! Not impressed, were the five (yes, five) letters from the local Liberal member in the last few weeks not enough?
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 32299
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 am
Cash on hand: 13,665.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Location: Somewhere In General
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:43 am
^^^ I had one of those phone calls from Tony Abbott as well. I never answer my landline as it's only people trying to sell something who rings it, so when the message came through I was like, do I pick this up, or do I leave it - so I left it. It was like he was in my house. :shock:
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 11802
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:50 am
Cash on hand: 30,562.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Location: near Canberra
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:20 am
Jayel wrote: I never answer my landline

Me neither. Unless I'm right there and someone starts to leave a message!

... It was like he was in my house. :shock:

Yewwww. And now I feel neglected. Never got a single call from any of them :cry:
PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests