A long day in politics

Discuss news and current affairs. Please enter with an open mind. Strictly no personal attacks.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 147.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 pm
Well, one can truly say that today has been a long day in politics especially Australian politics.

What can only be described as a debacle happened throughout the day.

It was clear at the start of the week that something was going to happen at weeks end because today was the last day of the parliamentary session before the Autumn break.

It is clear that the Australian Labor Party is more interested in themselves and not about governing properly.

The supposed election in September is going to be a landslide lose for the ALP.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:49 pm
It's not a supposed election, but yes, Labor is going to lose by a significant margin. That's a pity. No matter how badly the party is governing, the alternative is going to be a lot worse in social terms. Under the guise of the supposed trickle-down effect, the conservatives will resume featherbedding the high income strata at the expense of the people on low incomes. Abbott will make Howard's policies, such as his tax scale changes and "workchoice" look almost benign.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,913.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:52 pm
The_Admiral wrote:What can only be described as a debacle happened throughout the day.

^ I'll say

It was bordering on farce! :x
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:21 pm
When you represent a political party like the Australian Labor Party, who needs an Opposition?
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 2,293,634.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:30 am
CONDEMNED666 wrote:When you represent a political party like the Australian Labor Party, who needs an Opposition?

I agree, let's sack the Opposition.
2010B & 2011A TvAus Ratings Comp Winner, TvAus AFL Tipping Comp: 2011 Co-Winner, 2012 Runner-up.

Member 18685 - an asset of NSW.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,349.10
Bank: 659,744.00
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 pm
Heard an interesting take on it this morning on the Kochies Angels segment on Sunrise.

Crean called Gillard out expecting to have any spill called for the next day which would have them crunch the numbers and work the phones overnight. Gillard beat them to the punch by having the spill on Thursday giving them no time to get a candidate the numbers.

Rudd was never going to challenge and was true to his word that HE would not challenge.

Crean did not do his homework and is now paying the penalty.
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS
Cash on hand: 147.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:01 pm
Fringedweller wrote:It's not a supposed election, but yes, Labor is going to lose by a significant margin. That's a pity. No matter how badly the party is governing, the alternative is going to be a lot worse in social terms. Under the guise of the supposed trickle-down effect, the conservatives will resume featherbedding the high income strata at the expense of the people on low incomes. Abbott will make Howard's policies, such as his tax scale changes and "workchoice" look almost benign.

What I meant by 'supposed election' was worded badly ... I meant that it is supposedly in September but can be actually be brought forward if so needed.

But now the exodus from Minister's who supported Rudd has started.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:22 pm
I hate Tony Abbott, I hate Julia Gillard, i hate the greens, i hate politics full stop. This country is going to hell regardless of the next election and who wins it. Politics in 2013 would be better ran by monkeys than either party right now. They are a bunch of dumb idiots. Rudd should have challenged yesterday and he was probably going to win it too if some reports are to be believed. Anyway i wish the lot of them would be shot into the sun to die. I know that sounds harsh but these people are pathetic. All of them. :roll:
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:45 pm
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/ ... 2h102.html

^ Who cares what Kevin Rudd thinks? Hes a desperate attention seeking whore

Hes not prime minister, nor is he foreign minister, what does Bob Carr think about this?

Does anybody remember the time before Rudd was Opposition Leader for the Labor Party= happy days!

Rudd and his populist regime ruined Australian politics for all concerned
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:31 pm
greysfan wrote:I hate Tony Abbott, I hate Julia Gillard, i hate the greens, i hate politics full stop. This country is going to hell regardless of the next election and who wins it.
It's all relative. Compared to other countries we have wise and enlightened leaders. Look at the clerics that lead Islamic theocracies, and you'll be happy with the pollies we have, especially if you are a woman. For instance:

Tsunami was God's revenge for your wicked ways, women told

and

Iranian cleric blames quakes on promiscuous women

Makes even Tony Abbot look positively mid-19th century in my eyes, despite the fact that I hate the cnut.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)

Return to News, Current Affairs & Politics