[QLD]Qld Reopens Adoption Register

Discuss news and current affairs. Please enter with an open mind. Strictly no personal attacks.

Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:50 am
[quote:e68eca235f][u:e68eca235f][i:e68eca235f][b:e68eca235f]Qld reopens adoption register[/b:e68eca235f][/i:e68eca235f][/u:e68eca235f]
May 26, 2006
[i:e68eca235f]QUEENSLAND couples wishing to adopt children will be able to lodge their interest with the state's adoption register, set to re-open in July.[/i:e68eca235f]

Child Safety Minister Mike Reynolds today told Parliament the register would open for 12 months from July 3.
The register, which last opened for eight weeks in 2004, is closed periodically due to overwhelming demand for children to adopt.

Mr Reynolds said that following the last register opening, 587 couples had applied to adopt a child from overseas, with all invited to progress their applications.

He said 248 couples had sought to adopt a Queensland child, with 172 couples commencing the adoption process.

"My department is to be congratulated on its excellent work in helping hundreds of Queensland couples move closer to their dream of parenthood," Mr Reynolds told parliament.

"That dream has become a reality for many of those couples over the past 18 months."
Mr Reynolds said the new application details would be published across the state in July, with information sessions and kits available.

"Adoption in the 21st century is about finding families for children who, for one reason or another, are not able to live with their families of birth," Mr Reynolds said.

"This includes finding families for a small number of children born in Queensland each year who require an adoptive placement and, importantly, children from other countries unable to be placed with families in their own countries."

Mr Reynolds thanked those countries, including China, Korea and Ethiopia, which had formal adoption agreements with Queensland. [/quote:e68eca235f]

Source - [url=http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19264390-29277,00.html]News.Com.Au[/url]
Article Images - [i:e68eca235f]NONE[/i:e68eca235f]
Check out the TVAus member groups on: (Flickr Groups) - (MySpace Groups) - (Facebook)

TV Watcher
Cash on hand: 52.50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:29 pm
p858snake wrote:[quote5f][u5f][i5f][b5f]Qld reopens adoption register[/b5f][/i5f][/u5f]
May 26, 2006
[i5f]QUEENSLAND couples wishing to adopt children will be able to lodge their interest with the state's adoption register, set to re-open in July.[/i5f]

Child Safety Minister Mike Reynolds today told Parliament the register would open for 12 months from July 3.
The register, which last opened for eight weeks in 2004, is closed periodically due to overwhelming demand for children to adopt.

Mr Reynolds said that following the last register opening, 587 couples had applied to adopt a child from overseas, with all invited to progress their applications.

He said 248 couples had sought to adopt a Queensland child, with 172 couples commencing the adoption process.

"My department is to be congratulated on its excellent work in helping hundreds of Queensland couples move closer to their dream of parenthood," Mr Reynolds told parliament.

"That dream has become a reality for many of those couples over the past 18 months."
Mr Reynolds said the new application details would be published across the state in July, with information sessions and kits available.

"Adoption in the 21st century is about finding families for children who, for one reason or another, are not able to live with their families of birth," Mr Reynolds said.

"This includes finding Conveyance Camden Families for a small number of children born in Queensland each year who require an adoptive placement and, importantly, children from other countries unable to be placed with families in their own countries."

Mr Reynolds thanked those countries, including China, Korea and Ethiopia, which had formal adoption agreements with Queensland. [/quote5f]

Source - News.Com.Au
Article Images - [i5f]NONE[/i5f]

I see that on you're given link. The changes are nice and very valuable in adoption of any child they basically concentrate on the safety of adopted child. Thanks for that.

Return to News, Current Affairs & Politics