Australian Politics Test

Discuss news and current affairs. Please enter with an open mind. Strictly no personal attacks.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 42.50
Bank: 2.50
Mood: in a huff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:20 pm
This was probably one of the most interesting tests I've taken part in. And I thought I hated politics. I guess I hate discussing it in groups where it just gets out of hand. My results were all pretty much Centre and all around 50% except ONP.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 882.50
Bank: 3,905,233.20
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:19 pm
http://www.ozpolitics.info/guide/fun/politics-test/?id=4aca0da202e7ed96d2cc24e5c373be68

Slightly centre left..... More aligned with Democrats, at about 75% a bit less.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,354.10
Bank: 659,744.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:11 pm
I was sure I had done this before. Maybe I just didn't paste the results.

http://www.ozpolitics.info/guide/fun/politics-test/?id=5f2d095e2c5762c6b4963d18d75dbc76
    Greens - 41%
    Australian Democrats - 50.8%
    Labor Party - 66.1%
    Family First - 60.1%
    Liberal Party - 46.1%
    National Party - 49.2%
    One Nation - 69.1%
Sounds, or looks, about right. I usually vote Labor, voted Democrats once (years ago) and IIRC did vote One Nation once too :silenced: .
    Your broad political orientation score is 16.7%, which equates to a ‘Centre Right’ position
    Your economic policy score score is 4.9%. This equates to a ‘Centre’ position
    Your social policy score is -6%. This equates to a ‘Centre’ position
    Your traditional values score is 49.8%. This equates to a ‘Right’ position
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS
Cash on hand: 3,801.60
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 pm
I ended up getting high results in Democrats, Greens and Labor.

One Nation received a staggeringly low 21% :D XD
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:33 pm
Fringedweller wrote:http://www.ozpolitics.info/blog/index.php?page_id=206&id=341a3dc97440745678a2e14854c085c5

The dems are more compatible with my views than Labor? Also, no matter what the Family First and One Nation platforms are, I'd rather vote Liberal than them. Not sure what to make of this.

Greens 99.1%
Australian Democrats 75.9%
Labor Party 64.4%
Family First 24.1%
Liberal Party 9.5%
National Party 12%
One Nation 31.9%

Your broad political orientation score is -86.1%, which equates to a ‘Far Left’ position
Your economic policy score score is -45.7%. This equates to a ‘Left’ position
Your social policy score is -99.2%. This equates to a ‘Far Left’ position
Your traditional values score is -100%. This equates to a ‘Far Left’ position

Lastly, 'Far Left' means the overthrow of the ruling classes by the working classes and a consequent dictatorship of the proletariat. That's not where I am at either. Yet.

Three years later:

Greens 94.6%
Australian Democrats 84.9%
Labor Party 71.2%
Family First 32.7%
Liberal Party 23.5%
National Party 21.1%
One Nation 20.1%

Your broad political orientation score is -83%, which equates to a ‘Far Left’ position
Your economic policy score score is -65.5%. This equates to a ‘Left’ position
Your social policy score is -70.2%. This equates to a ‘Left’ position
Your traditional values score is -100%. This equates to a ‘Far Left’ position

I have become less tolerant regarding multiculturalism. In as far as social values inhibit humanist values, such as some values in indigenous and islamic cultures, I won't have them. This is reflected in my answers to these two questions:

Q 15: The government should negotiate a treaty that enshrines land rights, cultural rights, self-determination, social justice and equity for Indigenous Australians

A: Yes to social justice and equity for Indigenous Australians, but some of their values and traditions subsumed under cultural rights are reprehensible. The rights to those should not be enshrined.

Q 44: Islamic children in government schools should not wear hijabs (traditional Islamic head scarves).

A: Should we pander to the outrageously repressive views on women by a religion that has not yet been able to drag itself out of its medieval morass? I think not.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
Cash on hand: 3,801.60
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:16 pm
^I think forcing people to not wear hijabs is definitely wrong.

I know what you're saying about the whole oppression on women in Islam...but still who are we to force them to abandon their culture?
Cash on hand: 159.50
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:55 pm
For want of a better place to put this because I dont think it needs its own post but it could have gone in NON-NEWS Stories ...

Malcolm Turnbull (has chucked a hissy fit) and will not contest the next Federal Election

Turnbull to quit politics
PHILLIP COOREY
April 6, 2010 - 10:52AM

"I have announced I will not recontest Wentworth at the election this year," he said today.

Mr Turnbull has been considering his future since Tony Abbott beat him by one vote in a leadership ballot in December.

He lost his leadership because he supported an emissions trading scheme to tackle climate change. Mr Abbott, who also once supported such an approach, dumped it as Liberal policy in his first act as leader.

In a statement released this morning, Mr Turnbull rued that decision.

"I thank [former prime minister] John Howard for giving me the opportunity to serve as environment and water minister. With his support I was able to ensure that for the first time in our history the interstate waters of the Murray Darling Basin were placed under national responsibility," he said.

"However, I regret that another important reform begun during that time, the establishment of an emissions trading scheme, is no longer Liberal Party policy."

Mr Turnbull made his decision after being overlooked by Mr Abbott for the frontbench.

He indicated a willingness to return following the resignation of Senator Nick Minchin from the shadow cabinet.

But Mr Abbott knocked him back, saying it would be impractical, given Mr Turnbull's stance on the ETS.

Mr Turnbull will stay in his marginal eastern suburbs seat until the election.

Mr Turnbull announced the news on his Twitter account before releasing a statement on his decision.

The Liberal Party will begin a preselection process quickly. Labor has been holding off from choosing a candidate until Mr Turnbull made up his mind. It, too, will move quickly to find a candidate.

Mr Turnbull entered parliament at the 2004 election.

He had been encouraged to postpone his decision until after the election.

If the Coalition went backwards under Mr Abbott, there was a chance Mr Turnbull’s leadership fortunes could have been revived.

His decision to quit means Joe Hockey remains the only viable leadership alternative in the event of a poor election showing by the Coalition.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/turnbull ... -rnt5.html

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Cash on hand: 13,593.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:10 am
Shame that link doesn't work anymore. I wouldn't have minded giving it a go. I think I did it way back when I first came here, but didn't post my result.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:35 am
Jayel wrote:Shame that link doesn't work anymore. I wouldn't have minded giving it a go. I think I did it way back when I first came here, but didn't post my result.

Yes, it is, but here is a somewhat similar one: http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

This is where it positions our major parties:

I seem to be a wee bit outside the mainstream:

Fringedweller's political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.05

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
Cash on hand: 13,593.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:18 am
Thanks Fringedweller.
This was me, although I'm not sure what it means. I'm just happy to be nowhere near Starlin, Thatcher and Hitler. I think I'm nearer Ghandi! :lol:

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -2.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
PreviousNext

Return to News, Current Affairs & Politics