NRL & AFL Footy Shows

Show your colours - join the AFL & NRL 2011 Tipping Competitions ..Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, A-League and all other sports. ..it's all here in the Locker Room.

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,414.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 am
the AFL Footy Show is moving to the 8.30pm start for 2013.
Nine has announced The Footy Show (AFL) will move to a new timeslot of 8:30pm next year, in its 20th season.

Nine made the announcement this morning at its 2013 Upfronts presentation in Melbourne.

Meanwhile Craig Hutchison will take over as host of The Sunday Footy Show for its 21st season.

Matthew Lloyd also joins Footy Classified in 2013.

source - http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/11/foo ... -2013.html

What do you reckon about this move? Hopefully it works out. But is this just to battle it against the Before the Game show, which changed to Thursday nights mid-2012? I thought that the AFL Footy Show rates well for the 9.30 slot (in Melbourne anyway. Not sure how it does in Perth / Adelaide).

Sam Newman may have to be more careful in what he says now, with the show moving to an earlier slot. lol

No word on the NRL Footy Show for 2013 at this stage. But since it's ratings are still on the decline, i don't see it moving to an earlier slot. This probably means that the AFL Show will still air after the NRL version. With the way it's been run over the last few years, AFL will still air late here in Sydney and in Brisbane (around the 11.30pm mark!). The NRL always runs overtime!

There was also talk in a rugby league forum that i go on that Tim Gilbert will be a co-host of the Thursday NRL Footy Show in 2013. But i can't find any official word on it, so i don't know if it's true yet. In 2012, he was the ''Sunday Roast'' segment host for the Sunday Footy Show, and was terrible at it! I hope he isn't pushed towards the Thursday show. However, he was good as simply the ''Around the Grounds'' reporter, when he was doing it until 2011. Nothing more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 pm
well, i said it the previous post that the NRL Footy Show won't be moved to 8.30pm, because its ratings aren't that good, but it looks like it that it is now in the new timeslot of 8.30, along side the AFL version:

Nine has announced the NRL Footy Show will also move to 8:30pm Thursdays next year, after saying earlier this week there were no plans to move yet.

The Footy Show will celebrate 20 years of rugby league entertainment in 2013 by moving to a new LIVE Thursday night timeslot on Channel Nine.

Paul “Fatty” Vautin and Michael Slater will return to host The Footy Show on Thursday, March 7 – a massive and historic night for league fans with almost four hours of live NRL coverage.

The night starts with the blockbuster season opener: the local derby between the Sydney Roosters and South Sydney Rabbitohs, whose intense rivalry goes back to 1908.

The Footy Show will immediately follow live coverage of the Roosters-Rabbitohs clash on Channel Nine, the first of four new Thursday night games scheduled for the 2013 NRL competition.

Then, on Thursday, April 4, The Footy Show goes LIVE every week in its new timeslot of 8.30pm.

Paul “Fatty” Vautin will be celebrating his own amazing milestone in 2013 – notching up a record 20 years hosting The Footy Show. Fatty and Slats will be joined next year by Beau Ryan, Darryl Brohman and all the other Footy Show favourites as the NRL powers into a new season.

The Footy Show enjoyed a strong growth year in 2012, dominating its 9.30pm timeslot and winning in Sydney and Brisbane, based on Total People, People 18-49 and People 16-39 as an average across the period.

The Footy Show increased year-on-year based on Total People (+12.5%), People 25-54 (+11.9%), People 18-49 (+14.2%) and People 16-39 (+11.3%). It also had an increase among young viewers (People 0-17), up 23.8 per cent year-on-year.

In 2012, women returned strongly to The Footy Show, with women in the 0-17 demographic up 34.4 per cent and up 13.0 per cent for 25-54. In total women, viewers increased by 9.8 per cent year-on-year, and women made up 42 per cent of The Footy Show audience for Sydney and Brisbane.

The Footy Show will be filmed live with a studio audience at the Nine Network studios in Willoughby, Sydney.

source - http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/11/nrl ... eslot.html

It would be interesting now with both Footy Shows starting at 8.30pm. I do hope that it works out for Nine.

I also would like to see alternate versions play immediately after the local versions, now at around the 10.30pm mark
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:35 pm
Obviously the reason the first episode is at 9:30pm is because of a footy match before it. Personally moving this show to 8:30pm is a good thing if you are another network because this show is bad compared to the AFL version. The NRL could learn a lot from the AFL version and the first thing they need to do is refresh the panel already. They are old and dated idiots on the panel last time i tuned in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 pm
Both Footy Shows will be airing this Thursday night.

The NRL version will be airing at approx 9.45pm in Sydney and Brisbane following the Thursday Night Football games for the first 4 weeks of the season, then will move to 8.30 for the round 5 match

The AFL version will be airing at 8.30 from day one. Unfortunately, it wont be airing live in Sydney on the digital channels, and will be airing, once again, late, after the NRL show. Bummer!
Hollywood Supporting Cast
Cash on hand: 27.50
Bank: 1,268,838.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:15 pm
What do you think is the best Rugby League show
Hollywood Supporting Cast
Cash on hand: 27.50
Bank: 1,268,838.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:16 pm
NRL 360 - FOX SPORTS 1
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 2,293,634.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:11 pm
On the lines of Joe Lunchbox's thread, what is your favourite AFL talk program? Feel free to add a comment below to discuss with other members.
2010B & 2011A TvAus Ratings Comp Winner, TvAus AFL Tipping Comp: 2011 Co-Winner, 2012 Runner-up.

Member 18685 - an asset of NSW.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:45 am
The NRL Footy Show returns THIS THURSDAY night, following the opening round of NRL 2015. It is scheduled to air at approx. 9.50pm (Sydney time).

Also, Michael Slater has quit the show
Michael Slater is out of the NRL Footy Show after three seasons, but remains with the network for cricketing commitments.

“I have loved my three years on the Footy Show, but cricket has always been my top priority and with so much on our schedule this year, I just can’t give the Footy Show the commitment it requires,” he told News Corp.

Slater recently signed a new three-year contract with Nine to coincide with the network’s cricket TV contract.

Executive producer Glenn Pallister said Slater had helped lift the show’s stakes with female viewers, now comprising 45% of their audience.

“My aim is to go 50/50 and to attract more kids. Slats is a terrific bloke who will always be a part of The Footy Show family,” he said.

“We owe him a huge thanks for his work here over the last three seasons.”
source - http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/01/michael ... -show.html

I am kind of glad that Michael Slater is no longer at the Footy Show. He didn't seem to fit in perfectly for some reason. He seemed a little flat. I don't mind him on The Cricket Show or the Wide World of Sports show.

So Fatty, Daryl Browman, Erin Molan will remain as the co-hosts. Has Beau Ryan been promoted to a permanent co-host yet? I hope not

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:05 am
The NRL Footy Show won the "Most Popular Sports Program" award last weekend at the Logies. I do watch the show (well, I do have it on mainly have it on in the background), but I am surprised that it has won the award, again! It has been on the decline for years now.

On another note, what do you all think about the current hosts/panellists on the show? I used to like the old hosts like Sterlo, Blocker and Hadley. I don't mind Fatty as host, nor The Big Man. I find Erin Molan a little annoying on the show. I think she is more suited continuing reading the sports segments on Nine News (during the day) and doing the Sunday Footy Show rather than the normal Thursday Footy Show. As for Beau Ryan, I don't mind him, but I don't like him on the show every week! His jokes are the same week in week out. He should appear every 2-3 weeks instead.

On a final note, I wish that the NRL Footy Show would finish on time. It has never finished on time, well, I cant remember when it did. I get annoyed because the AFL Footy Show currently airs an hour later than the NRL one. Thus meaning it usually starts past midnight. Its too late for us Sydneysiders. It means I get to watch the first 10-15 minutes before I crash out to bed. I think it should start at 11pm. Have the NRL one finish on time at 10.30pm (air the show for 2.5 hours!), then air a repeated comedy at 10.30pm (as a "breather"), then air the AFL one at 11pm. Logical!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:43 pm
yellow sock wrote:On a final note, I wish that the NRL Footy Show would finish on time. It has never finished on time, well, I cant remember when it did. I get annoyed because the AFL Footy Show currently airs an hour later than the NRL one. Thus meaning it usually starts past midnight. Its too late for us Sydneysiders. It means I get to watch the first 10-15 minutes before I crash out to bed. I think it should start at 11pm. Have the NRL one finish on time at 10.30pm (air the show for 2.5 hours!), then air a repeated comedy at 10.30pm (as a "breather"), then air the AFL one at 11pm. Logical!

well.... I got some great news... for myself. lol. The "Late" Footy Show will now be airing straight after the respective versions, starting from tomorrow night.
The Footy Show (Late): update

Nine is (sensibly) bringing forward the Late editions of The Footy Show in their respective states so that both codes now run back to back from tomorrow.

Anger Management has been removed so that Sydney and Brissy viewers will now see the AFL Footy Show at 10:40pm immediately following the NRL Footy Show. Similarly, Melbourne, Adelaide & Perth viewers will now see the NRL Footy Show at 10:40pm following the AFL Footy Show.

It makes sense to segue from one Live sports show to the other, especially when it’s in Nine’s interests to lift NRL in “southern” states.

source - http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/05/the-foo ... pdate.html

took Nine long enough to do this!!!
PreviousNext

Return to The Locker Room