NRL & AFL Footy Shows

Show your colours - join the AFL & NRL 2011 Tipping Competitions ..Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, A-League and all other sports. ..it's all here in the Locker Room.

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,391.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:59 am
NO!!! Robbie isn't funny. Out of his 5 inutes each week he's on (or whatever how long he's on), he's not 'funny' for the whole segment.

I'm not saying he's terrible (he might have one joke out of his '20 jokes' he says)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:11 am
tonight, the AFL Footy Show marks 500 episodes. I'm from Syndey, and am cuurently watching it. Great to see the highlights of the show. Eddie Maguire and Trevr Marmalade were there too

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:01 am
and tonight marks the 500th show for the NRL Footy Show. A highlights show from throughout the years

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:51 pm
both Footy Show's had their Grand Final shows last night, which means that there's 6 months to go until the new seasons start ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 pm
Here's an article about Matty Johns and the NRL Footy Show:
Matty Johns declines Footy Show return

Matthew Johns has rejected a lucrative offer from Channel Nine to return to a revamped NRL Footy Show, because Nine declined to axe Paul “Fatty” Vautin.

Johns, who left Nine to join Seven after his involvement in an NRL scandal, is believed to have turned down a figure in excess of $500,000.

“We have been offered in writing more money then he ever got before on Nine and he knocked it back,” manager John Singleton told the Daily Telegraph.

Johns said, ”They said, ‘we’re going to reinvent the show’ but, for mine, it’s not going to be reinvented. I don’t want to go back to the past. I’ve had my time on that show and enjoyed it but it’s going to be the same show and I’ve been there and done that.”

Johns’ camp also wanted creative control of the show.

“You cannot work unless you have creative control, production control, and we weren’t given that,” Singleton said.

Singleton also described Vautin as “an average footballer, an average TV talent.”

Nine Network managing director Jeff Browne said Vautin had been “a loyal servant for 18 years” and he wasn’t prepared to move him on to get someone else on the show. “If they don’t want Fatty on the show and they don’t want to do it, that’s their decision,” he said.

Not dumping Vautin is an interesting position by Nine.

On the one hand it’s good to see loyalty rewarded, although other loyal employees including Kerri-Anne Kennerley haven’t always fared as well.

On the other hand the NRL Footy Show has been underperforming for the last few years, woefully propped up by the numbers from the AFL Footy Show. It is in dire need of new blood. It’s only survived because the network has the NRL rights and it’s a favourite of David Gyngell.

Updated: Johns told TripleM Grill Team: “The plain simple truth of it is I’m just being upfront. What I said to Nine was I wasn’t going to go back to The Footy Show. They had a belief that the show probably needs to be re-invented. I said it needs to be blown up and start again.”

source - tvtonight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 am
the NRL Footy Show returned to our screens a few nights ago for another season, with Paul Vautin as host. Michael Slater joins the cast as co-host, while Daryl Brohmahn, Benji Marshall and Beau Ryan returning too. Ryan Girdler (a semi-regular a while ago) returned to the show, but im not sure if its a weekly occurance or an occassional segment filler. Looks like Andrew Voss is out for Thursday's show.

I missed the first half hour of the show, and was tuning in and out for the rest of the show. I think it returned to it's usual self of previous years.

As for the Sunday Footy Show, it returned an hour ago for its 20th year. Peter Sterling mentioned at the beginning of the show that from next week onwards, the show will be airing for 2 hours each Sunday, with The Sunday Roast being incorporated into the show (and be named 'The Roast' in its segment). A shame that The Sunday Roast i being ''downsized'', as i liked this show in its 2011 format. But i guess with Mark Geyer joining Foxtel, it may have lost a special touch anyway this year.

When does the AFLL Footy Show return? Must be soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:43 am
the AFL Footy Show started on two Thursdays ago. The first show, from what i saw, was talk about the pre-season's NAB CUP, and preview of the 2012 season.

Last Thursday's show was preview of Round One's solo game. But the started out being a tribute to Jim Stynes, by the emotional Garry Lyons. It was a sad segment. Lyons stayed on for one more segment then took the rest of the show off. The show continued to its usual stuff of afl talk and mayhem.

I'm from Sydney, and would like to see this show start at it's scheduled time of 11pm, intead of it's 11.30pm start it's being doing over the last few years!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:14 am
tonight, the AFL Footy Show aired, instead of it usual Thusday night slot, as there is a game on Thursday evening. They do this (bumping the show to Wednesday) occasionally. What you reckon about this?

Do you think, as Nine don't have the rigfhta anymore, should they leave the show on Thursdays, always, or move it to Wednesdays it there is a game Thursdays, on a network station?

I'm from Sydney, so it always airs late for us, so it doesn't factor into our ''market'' us much, unfortunately.
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 2,293,634.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:03 pm
Though the Wednesday airings when the footy is on Thursday maximises the audience since you'd be watching the footy when it's on, right? Also allows the program to review the weekend's matches as a whole before the first bounce. But there's arguments either side...
2010B & 2011A TvAus Ratings Comp Winner, TvAus AFL Tipping Comp: 2011 Co-Winner, 2012 Runner-up.

Member 18685 - an asset of NSW.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:49 am
that does make sense. Cheers :)
PreviousNext

Return to The Locker Room