Locker Room Changes - Thoughts?

Show your colours - join the AFL & NRL 2011 Tipping Competitions ..Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, A-League and all other sports. ..it's all here in the Locker Room.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:21 am
I would like to put this to a vote. There are a number of threads which got merged and that can't be helped....the question i have is do you guys want old AFL, NRL and A-League seasons which are still in tact merged with the new threads? This also applies to sports such as The Tour De France and other annual events which i am considering.

Olympics, Commonwealth Games and other major events like the World Cup Soccer etc will remain as their own thread along with tipping comps which haven't been merged yet but what are your guys thoughts? I only have a few weeks to do this which is more than enough time but before i go and do it i want to know what you have to say on the matter.

So should i merge common news threads or keep them individual? There is definitely some mess that needs cleaning up and i am already starting but wanted thoughts on this.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 am
hey greysfan

Yeh, go right ahead and merge them all, less is more as they often say... ooX
Cash on hand: 17,218.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:37 pm
thats what I've been getting at. have a new thread for new sports seasons and once its all over merge them with the old ones. how many times are you gonna discuss a football season from say, 2011?! whats the point in having threads for old seasons when they aren't gonna be used again. takes up a lot of room, this is why I've gone and done that elsewhere.

I know yellowsock would agree with us.

;)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:25 pm
Cyborg wrote:thats what I've been getting at. have a new thread for new sports seasons and once its all over merge them with the old ones. how many times are you gonna discuss a football season from say, 2011?! whats the point in having threads for old seasons when they aren't gonna be used again. takes up a lot of room, this is why I've gone and done that elsewhere.

;)

Yeah i know. Its awesome what you have been doing. We all appreciate it. Its just the tipping comps are things we need to leave left in tact and that sort of put me on guard because you just don't do that here. Even though its old its good reference. :) Anyway i am getting onto it.

Cash on hand: 108,389.30
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:36 pm
Cyborg wrote:thats what I've been getting at. have a new thread for new sports seasons and once its all over merge them with the old ones. how many times are you gonna discuss a football season from say, 2011?! whats the point in having threads for old seasons when they aren't gonna be used again. takes up a lot of room, this is why I've gone and done that elsewhere.

;)

Yes, I do agree with you all :)

I think it makes sense to have a new topic for each new season (of at least the NRL, AFL and possibly the A-League), but once that season is over, it could be merged into the generic topic of that sport.

This Locker Room forum did get fixed up by Cyborg quite recently, as there were too many unwanted topics. He did an awesome job. Greys, good job tidying in up today too. Its an huge task in going through all the pages and merging/ or deleting these topics. Kudos in making it look better :D
Cash on hand: 157.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:59 pm
Cleaning up is a good idea ... however, I think you should consider that the current season of a sport is a standalone thread that gets merged with the general sport thread ... for example AFL 2015 happens and this is for anything to do with the current season and the AFL thread is for anything AFL related and when the season finishes it gets merged with the AFL.

I think that is what you are on about.

Am happy to leave this to greys decision.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:58 pm
I'm taking this all on board and i think making 2015 threads for AFL, NRL, A-League and other sports is a good idea. I can split some of the recent posts for this year and make them happen. That will happen in the next couple of days. Plus now that i think of it, really Olympic and Commonwealth Games threads i suppose are the same really. They are 2 weeks give or take then finished. If i have no objections i'll do that too. Plus there is a tonne of rubbish threads at the end of this section too. I'm going to be deleting a few of them too as they are just one or two posts on stuff. :)

Cyborg did do a good job in the cleaning i don't say he didn't BUT he merged tipping comps with general topic threads. That sort of blew my top a bit and i'm still a tad frustrated with that but I can get over that in time and if i had the time i would go through and make it right but i won't have time to do that is it would take me quite a while. I just wish there was a reversal button.

I have been busy today doing some from time to time and i'll be doing it throughout the next few weeks. It won't take too long because its only 20 pages instead of what some of the bigger sections of the forum is. ;)
Hollywood Supporting Cast
Cash on hand: 27.50
Bank: 1,268,838.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:40 am
NO Keep all the threads separate, it's not like the place has the traffic like it did 10 years ago.

Cash on hand: 108,389.30
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:27 am
*bump*

the 2015 NRL and AFL tipping competitions topics are permanently fixed at the top of the sports page. Can one of the mods please undo it, so it can be with the rest of the topics?
Cash on hand: 157.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:26 pm
yellow sock wrote:*bump*

the 2015 NRL and AFL tipping competitions topics are permanently fixed at the top of the sports page. Can one of the mods please undo it, so it can be with the rest of the topics?

Done
Next

Return to The Locker Room