Hopman Cup

Show your colours - join the AFL & NRL 2011 Tipping Competitions ..Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, A-League and all other sports. ..it's all here in the Locker Room.
Bafta Nominee
Cash on hand: 15.00
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:11 pm
^^ Yep thats correct. If i remember, last year on tv they showed bits of the second match when there was a break in the first match. So you'll be indoors!
Sydney: Forgive me for being forthright, or female, but this is the way it's going to be.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:56 pm
some tournament folklore created today with serbia's jelena jankovic retiring one game into her singles tie with a pulled hamstring, and then novak djorkovic won his rubber, then unexpectedly jankovic - on one leg came back to beat france in the mixed doubles rubber to take out the tie

its funny given that up to now people tend to see the hopman cup as a warmup tournament designed for players to break out of their offseason slumber while they prepare for the australian open

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,389.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:10 pm
looking at past topics and just saw that this wasn't merged with the tennis topic, which I don't mind.

The 2016 Hopman Cup was held last week. I watched a bit of it over the week. Good to see Australia win it, the first time in 17 years. Nick Kyrgios and newly Aussie Daria Gavrilova were part of the winning team, beating Ukraine (Svitolina and Dolgopolov) in the Final.
Previous

Return to The Locker Room