TV Coverage B**** Thread

Show your colours - join the AFL & NRL 2011 Tipping Competitions ..Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, A-League and all other sports. ..it's all here in the Locker Room.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 135.00
Bank: 1,877,229.20
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:58 pm
Nine will be gone soon, hopefully things will improve!
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society
Cash on hand: 7,595.60
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:50 pm
[quote:417d73e93f="lympathy"]Nine will be gone soon, hopefully things will improve![/quote:417d73e93f]

I doubt it channel seven started the tradition of the 8:30 slot. :x :evil:

Cash on hand: 108,429.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:15 am
I know the above comments have been for the AFL, but for the NRL, Nine's coverage has been average.

There have been two games shown on Friday nights for a few years now. One live, and one delayed. In Queensland, they usually have the Broncos play on a Friday night, and this game is show live there. In Sydney, the Broncos game is usually the delayed game, with a "Sydney team" playing in the live game.

Many fans have believe that its not fair for the Broncos to play almost every game of the season on a Friday night, as they have a seven-day turn around for each game. While other clubs sometimes have a 6 day turn around. TV Networks have the final say, which is a shame.

In Sydney, the first live game has a scheduled starting time of 7.45pm, but rarely does it start on time. It usually starts from 7.55pm onwards. If it was just one game on, I wouldn't mind, but since there are two games "to watch", I find it too late sometimes for the second game.

There is talk that Nine will be having live Sunday afternoon games from next year onwards. Apparently, it will be announced this week sometime. In saying that, I hope Nine get rid of the second Friday Night game, and air a game on Saturday (afternoon or night) live. A rumour going around is that there will be more Thursday night games, which usually means that Nine will have it. Personally, I prefer a Saturday game than on Thursday.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:46 pm
Australia should call itself 'the lucky country' in terms of having any fta coverage for sports

I just went to new zealand and all sport is on pay tv

Mind you, with numerous online streaming services for worldwide events from anywhere and everywhere- the very concept of fta tv itself is fairly perfunctory - for those not aware whats really going on

Cash on hand: 108,429.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:38 am
I didn't know about NZ Sport being all on pay tv. That stinks!

So I guess we are lucky to have some sport on fta. More live games and some other codes would be ideal, but what we have now is better than nothing, I guess
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:31 pm
yellow sock wrote:I didn't know about NZ Sport being all on pay tv. That stinks!

So I guess we are lucky to have some sport on fta. More live games and some other codes would be ideal, but what we have now is better than nothing, I guess

Not just New Zealand, everywhere except Australia has no free to air tv coverage for any sport, Australia is called 'the lucky country' because of that

Personally I feel the way forward in the future is to have all sport on pay tv, BUT when theres a few 'alternative sources' out there which allows me to watch anything from anywhere, anytime, I wont be complaining ooX
Previous

Return to The Locker Room