MLB (Major League Baseball)

Show your colours - join the AFL & NRL 2011 Tipping Competitions ..Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, A-League and all other sports. ..it's all here in the Locker Room.

ER Surgeon
Cash on hand: 612.50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:38 pm
I hope I am not setting myself up for a fall, but I can see the Cubs having a much better season. .500 or just under for the year is what I can see happening. Surely it cant get any worse than last years 71-91 debacle.

Can't get any worse? Why, sure it can! :D

Still a Cubs fan, eh? Well, good luck this season. I really hope you make it to Wrigley one day. ;)

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:30 am
PCH wrote:
Can't get any worse? Why, sure it can! :D

Lovable losers is what they call us. :D

I bought this years subscription to MLB.tv, so I can watch all of our games and be amazed at the stupid situations we place ourselves in. :P 103 years and counting of misery. Oh dear. 8-)

I am excited that Brett Jackson and Anthony Rizzo will be joining Castro and Campana in the majors later on in the year, so hopefully we can see a better future for this ball club. God knows it's been a freakin' eternity. Longest drought for a club for a championship in all of North America doesn't bode well for ones confidence.

Still a Cubs fan, eh? Well, good luck this season. I really hope you make it to Wrigley one day. ;)

I'll always be one. :) I'm planning on visiting the States in 2013, but the month might not be in Baseball season unfortunately. I might be traveling in October, so just in time for our World Series run, um no, one day I'll be sure to make it to Wrigley Field. :D

On another note, the other day I watched the Yankees/Red Sox game. 9-0 down and you won 15-9. Geez! :shock: Granderson hit 3 homers inside the first 4 innings the game before, I think it was. Impressive stuff.

ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:11 am
Supernatural-Fan wrote:

I bought this years subscription to MLB.tv, so I can watch all of our games and be amazed at the stupid situations we place ourselves in. :P 103 years and counting of misery. Oh dear. 8-)

You're a real fan. I don't know what I'd do if I had to pay extra for the Yankees games. As it is now, they come with my basic cable package--luckily.

Longest drought for a club for a championship in all of North America...

Wow! Didn't know that. But they fill up Wrigley just about every game, regardless. There is some kind of weird loyalty to the Cubs that I don't understand. Cub fans really love that team and support it, no matter what. Wouldn't happen in New York. Although New York fans have other...interesting characteristics. :)

I'm planning on visiting the States in 2013, but the month might not be in Baseball season unfortunately. I might be traveling in October, so just in time for our World Series run, um no, one day I'll be sure to make it to Wrigley Field. :D

Coming in October? It could be cold in the Midwest that time of year, if you're going to Chicago. (You didn't say you're going there, but I'm guessing it will be on your itinerary.) But who knows what might happen? Maybe, just because you're going to be here, the Cubs will have a miraculous run--the Miracle Cubs they'll call them, and you'll be here just in time to be in the stands as the Cubs clinch their first World Series spot in decades. Or, you could come to New York and go to a Yankees game--cause we both know THEY will be in it. :D (Yeah, I know. That was totally uncalled for. But I couldn't resist.) But actually, I think a Cubs-Yankees World Series would be fun. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Cubs win that contest. It's time for them, and their fans really do deserve it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:12 am
PCH wrote:
Coming in October? It could be cold in the Midwest that time of year, if you're going to Chicago. (You didn't say you're going there, but I'm guessing it will be on your itinerary.) But who knows what might happen? Maybe, just because you're going to be here, the Cubs will have a miraculous run--the Miracle Cubs they'll call them, and you'll be here just in time to be in the stands as the Cubs clinch their first World Series spot in decades. Or, you could come to New York and go to a Yankees game--cause we both know THEY will be in it. :D (Yeah, I know. That was totally uncalled for. But I couldn't resist.) But actually, I think a Cubs-Yankees World Series would be fun. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Cubs win that contest. It's time for them, and their fans really do deserve it.

Yes, going to Chicago. New York and LA are on the list of cities I'll be going to, as well. Chicago for the Bulls and since most Basketball months are pretty much in the coldest months, end of December to mid-April, I'll be going right at the start of the season probably traveling mid-October to mid-November. The summer months when Baseball season is, is when Basketball has finished. But I'd love to watch a Cubs game eventually, so my next time to the States will be within the Baseball season. You only live once. :)

A Cubs/Yankees WS would be amazing, and don't worry about the joke you threw in there, even I make fun of our situation. :lol:

ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:47 pm
Supernatural-Fan wrote: Yes, going to Chicago. New York and LA are on the list of cities I'll be going to, as well. Chicago for the Bulls and since most Basketball months are pretty much in the coldest months, end of December to mid-April, I'll be going right at the start of the season probably traveling mid-October to mid-November. The summer months when Baseball season is, is when Basketball has finished. But I'd love to watch a Cubs game eventually, so my next time to the States will be within the Baseball season. You only live once. :)

Oh, so you're not going for baseball. It's basketball that you want to see. Not my sport. I'll watch part of a game here and there, but I don't follow it.

Just a non-sports aside: That's a really ambitious trip--across from Los Angeles to New York. Equivalent of Perth to Sydney, maybe a bit more than that. Hope you're going by train or car, although the time of year isn't the best for it. (Possible snow.) You can see so much more on the ground. Hope you enjoy it.
Last edited by PCH on Tue May 01, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:20 pm
Another amazing game--a no-hitter by an Angels pitcher yesterday. And then there was that perfect game from a White Sox pitcher a couple of weeks ago. Great start to the season for pitchers.

I remember about ten years ago or so, David Cone pitched a perfect game against Montreal at Yankee Stadium. I wasn't there, but I watched it on TV. Wow, was that incredible. I can't imagine what the guys playing behind a pitcher during a perfect game are feeling when the ball is hit to them. Imagine being the guy who drops the ball and messes up the perfect game? Sheesh. That's pressure.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:55 pm
PCH wrote:
Oh, so you're not going for baseball. It's basketball that you want to see.

Sorry for not making myself clearer. I'd love to watch both sports, but the one I most want see is generally in the cooler months, unfortunately. It would be much more convenient going within the summer months (June-August?), but that's smack bang as soon as the Basketball season finishes, would be great for baseball though. :) Two trips. :P

I didn't realize just how much traveling is involved, but everything will be pre-planned. :)

Another amazing game--a no-hitter by an Angels pitcher yesterday. And then there was that perfect game from a White Sox pitcher a couple of weeks ago. Great start to the season for pitchers.

Always an amazing thing to see. 9 innings of no one getting on base. Very impressive. :D

I can't imagine what the guys playing behind a pitcher during a perfect game are feeling when the ball is hit to them. Imagine being the guy who drops the ball and messes up the perfect game?

Probably, "so this is how Bill Buckner feels?" :lol:

ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:08 pm
Supernatural-Fan wrote: I didn't realize just how much traveling is involved, but everything will be pre-planned. :)

I've driven across country myself, but I also like going by train. Last time I went across by train a few years ago, there were quite a few people from Australia on board. Sometimes I think people who visit from other countries realize the value of train travel more than Americans do.

"so this is how Bill Buckner feels?" :lol:

HA! Poor guy. He'll take that to the grave with him. Or he did. Not sure if he's still with us or not.

The Yankees have lost Mariano for the year, by the way. Freak accident. Looks like the prospects for all of the other teams in the league just got a lot better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:37 pm
2 home runs for Anthony Rizzo so far for the Cubs since making his debut on June 26th. O<>

And with Brett Jackson due to come up soon, our future is looking a bit brighter. Rizzo, Jackson and Castro are going to be our core players for years to come.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:35 pm
Epic bump:

Is anyone going to the SCG this weekend for the MLB series opener between LA Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks?
PreviousNext

Return to The Locker Room