Backstreet Boys

Discussions on the latest music news and releases. Book lovers are also welcome to discuss what they're currently reading!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:35 pm
Wow, Lots Of Shows Are Selling At The Moment, arent They?

Also, I Heard [b:c2d3c3b423]I Still...[/b:c2d3c3b423] Is The Next Single. Its One Of My Favorite songs on their Album.

Thankyou,
CTUAffillate2005
Cash on hand: 57.50
Bank: 2,585,855.90
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:49 am
when did the tickets go on sale for the backstreet boys?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Please Check out my blog thank you :) http://heartbloodbound.wordpress.com/
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:19 am
Last Friday, December 2, at 9am.
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:13 pm
Backstreet Boys are here this week. I wouldn't have known if my girlfriend wasn't so excited about it. The Melbourne concert is on Thursday which is the one she going too. I have to drive her to the city to see it. :roll:

Anyway, found an article about it! :)

[quote:7c3d704548="news.ninemsn.com.au"][b:7c3d704548]Backstreet Boys on maiden Aussie tour[/b:7c3d704548]
[i:7c3d704548]Monday Jan 30 16:44 AEDT[/i:7c3d704548]

Back from a five-year break, the Backstreet Boys aren't boys any more, although they still get called a "boy band".

"Call us whatever you want, just call us," band member Brian Littrel, 30, said in Sydney.

He and his fellow band members are just happy to be back in the spotlight, and don't care what people call them, as long as their music is appreciated.

"We always considered ourselves a vocal harmony group first," added Nick Carter, who celebrated his 26th birthday in Brisbane at the weekend.

"Our inspirations were groups like Boys II Men and Shy - a lot of harmony so we have tried to model ourselves on that and try to stay true to music."

The US-based Backstreet Boys - Carter, Littrel, AJ McLean, Kevin Richardson, and Howie Dorough - last year released a new studio album, Never Gone, and have spent the past six months touring the world.

They arrived in Australia last week, playing their first Australian gig ever in Brisbane on Saturday. They play Sydney on Monday night before heading to Adelaide and Melbourne.

The Backstreet Boys have sold more than 75 million albums worldwide with hits including Incomplete, I Want it That Way, Everybody, As Long As You Love Me and Quit Playing Games.

In Australia alone, they've sold more than 1.5 million albums.

The group took an indefinite break in 2001. Brian welcomed his first child, AJ went into rehab for a drinking problem and has been sober for more than two years, Howie worked on a solo album, Nick embarked on a solo tour and Kevin worked on Broadway.

"It is good to be back," said AJ.

"We want to show people that we have staying power and that we are not just coming back and going away. We were truly never gone."

Before taking a break, Howie said the band was "pretty fried" after years on the road and problems with their management.

"Each of us needed to find ourselves individually," he said.

Asked if they would stay together, the group indicated they would continue to work on solo projects but that more Backstreet Boys albums were on the cards.

"We are in complete control now of our schedule and what we choose to do and not do," said AJ.

"Once we finish this tour ... everyone is going to go their own way ... and we are going to go back to doing another Backstreet Boys record at some point.

"We are just trying to pace ourselves and let everybody have a chance to do what they want to do because if each of us has success individually, it only helps and benefits us as a unit."[/quote:7c3d704548]

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=60076
Cash on hand: 57.50
Bank: 2,585,855.90
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:19 pm
Yeah Nick celebrated his 26th bday here in Brisbane!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Please Check out my blog thank you :) http://heartbloodbound.wordpress.com/
Hollywood Supporting Cast
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:31 pm
My show's on Wednesday and I won tickets to the Soundcheck Party Wed. afternoon.

I've got friends who are following them all over the country and went out partying with them!? Everyone's in cloud 9. Me? Going straight from work to the party so no chasing BSB for me :(
[img28]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/patriciaofoz/tv-aus-sigs/maeby-baby-signature.jpg[/img28]
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 70.00
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:56 pm
Ive got my tix or the adelaide show on wed.. cant wait!.. they were my teenage fav band..
I love you Stefan. YOU.
Hollywood Supporting Cast
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:58 pm
[quote:d012b20c04="*JEN*"]Ive got my tix or the adelaide show on wed.. cant wait!.. they were my teenage fav band..[/quote:d012b20c04]

Yes, the BSB were in their prime during my teenage years and even though I'm old(er) now, I couldn't pass up NOT seeing them. It'll be good fun.

What are your thoughts on their latest album, Never Gone? All I want to say is that I'm glad they're going to sing mostly their oldies.
[img28]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/patriciaofoz/tv-aus-sigs/maeby-baby-signature.jpg[/img28]
Cash on hand: 882.50
Bank: 3,905,233.20
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:05 am
[quote:bc341c6d06="maeby"]What are your thoughts on their latest album, Never Gone? All I want to say is that I'm glad they're going to sing mostly their oldies.[/quote:bc341c6d06]

I love never gone...im suprised you don't like it, im listening to it now - i'm not a huge fan of their older stuff i mean of course i had my favourite songs but alot of them when i listen to it know sounds way way too poppy like bubble gum pop.

I love the new cd though good stuff.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 70.00
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:28 am
i have to admit, i hadnt gotten around to getting it.. *whoops*.. but ive heard some stuff from it, and so far so good.. think i'll get it today.. considering i have til tomorrow to listen to it... haha.
wow.. tomorrow.... yay..
I love you Stefan. YOU.
PreviousNext

Return to Music and Books