Need Help With A Song Title? Artist? Try Asking Here...

Discussions on the latest music news and releases. Book lovers are also welcome to discuss what they're currently reading!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 6,074.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:38 pm
Anyone know what song is on the ad for ugly betty on 7two?
Cash on hand: 5,975.10
Bank: 2.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:05 am
Not much detail I can give but would like to know the title and artist of this song.

Was watching Vancouver Gold and they were showing ice-hockey being played in these outdoor courts. The song they were playing has an electric guitar intro. From memory, the beat slows down and I know a guy sings the verses and female back up singers sing the chorus. The only word I can remember from the chorus is 'remedy'..something like - 'can you give my remedy' - I know thats wrong, however can't remember the words, I may of gotten 'remedy' wrong but its a similar sounding word. Its been a while since I heard the song on radio and Ch 9 only played the guitar intro. I know its vague but maybe someone may of watched the show tonight and knows what I'm talking about.
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:33 pm
^ Lyrics sound familiar but I'm drawing blanks, sorry ravs.

There's a Techno/Dance song out with a female singer, All the Lyrics I can figure out is something like 'I've Been Hit'.... preceded by a bit of a techno riff.... Any help? :shrug: :D
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Nah - song isn't techno, its rock. Hopefully I'll hear it again soon and pick out the lyrics properly.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:58 pm
ravs wrote:Nah - song isn't techno, its rock. Hopefully I'll hear it again soon and pick out the lyrics properly.

Haha... sorry ravs, I Worded that wrong... That second bit of my post was a new question from myself.. can anyone help me with finding out what it is? I heard a snippet of it again in SYTYCD the other night during one of the packages. :thinking: :D
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:11 pm
Whoops - sorry CTU. :lol:
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 30.00
Bank: 1,482,576.60
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 pm
ravs wrote:Not much detail I can give but would like to know the title and artist of this song.

Was watching Vancouver Gold and they were showing ice-hockey being played in these outdoor courts. The song they were playing has an electric guitar intro. From memory, the beat slows down and I know a guy sings the verses and female back up singers sing the chorus. The only word I can remember from the chorus is 'remedy'..something like - 'can you give my remedy' - I know thats wrong, however can't remember the words, I may of gotten 'remedy' wrong but its a similar sounding word. Its been a while since I heard the song on radio and Ch 9 only played the guitar intro. I know its vague but maybe someone may of watched the show tonight and knows what I'm talking about.

Could it be Remedy by the Black Crowes?

It kind of fits with the guitar intro at the start, the guy singing the verses and back up singers singing the chorus.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 pm
Yes! You're a legend! I kept typing 'Remedy' in Youtube and Google and kept getting Seether or Little Boots but not Black Crowes. Goldie coming your way. :D
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:12 pm
CTUAffillate wrote:There's a Techno/Dance song out with a female singer, All the Lyrics I can figure out is something like 'I've Been Hit'.... preceded by a bit of a techno riff.... Any help? :shrug: :D

Heard it again today at JB Hi-fi, played alongside some other dance tracks so I assumed I can narrow it dow to a Ministry of Sound compilation or something. Having trawled the previews for most of their latest releases on ITunes, I still cant find out what this bloody song is called.

Managed to catch a bit of the verse though, something like 'All the men scram, all the girls scream' or something and then the chorus sounds like 'Ive been hit' again... hmm can anybody help? :D
Golden Globe Winner
Cash on hand: 147.50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 pm
This is a real long shot, but if anyone who knows the name of the track/song that Channel 7 are playing during their super slowmo's at the tennis, i'd be so very grateful :)
(formerly korobushka)
"I love how music evokes memories of a certain time" - Pip Brown, Ladyhawke
PreviousNext

Return to Music and Books