ITunes

Discussions on the latest music news and releases. Book lovers are also welcome to discuss what they're currently reading!
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 pm
Ok, so the iTunes store search engine seems confused. According to it, there is no song called Great Southern Land by Icehouse.

It gives me a list of several songs called Great Southern Land but by various different artists, none by Icehouse. Some of these are covers of the original song, some sound nothing like it, some are backing tracks with the backing music for the original song but no vocals.

If I enter "Icehouse" into the search engine, iTunes thinks I want songs called Icehouse, not a band called Icehouse. So it gives me a list of songs called Icehouse and Ice House.

I did a more advanced search which has the fields Artist and Song, so I entered Icehouse as Artist and Great Southern Land as Song.

No searh results!

Found the original video clip on YouTube. The song is definitely called Great Southern Land and is definitely by Icehouse and it comes from the album Primitive Man.

So back at iTunes I find an even more advanced search, with fields for Artist, Song and Album as well. I enter Icehouse, Primitive Man and Great Southern Land.

No search results!

GAAAH! how else am I supposed to search for it? You would think that with the name of the song and band, iTunes would find it, and with the name of the album, even more chance.

On YouTube, the song is definitely listed under Great Southern Land by Icehouse. Is it listed under some kind of secret code name on iTunes or something? :lol:
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 3,728.30
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:50 pm
My guess is somebody's record company doesn't like iTunes and doesn't offer its tunes to it :)
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:43 am
traveller wrote:My guess is somebody's record company doesn't like iTunes and doesn't offer its tunes to it :)

Exactly. I think I read something about Icehouse in the paper last month actually - theyve finally given in and are releasing a special edition of one of their albums to ITunes.

AC/DC arent on ITunes, and I remember the hoopla they had getting the Beatles onboard pre-2009.

Then you have the songs that arent released on the Aus store until months after the US/Other store release, or you have to use their request feature for and hope they release it. Still waiting on That Carrie Underwood song from the Narnia movie to come out on the Aus store, and It took almost 10 months for Jamie Foxx's 'Winner' to become available here - only to find it was one of theose 'Whole Album Only' purchases. :x

So there's definitely pros and cons to Itunes but overall, Id say since I went completely Digital at the end of 2009 (I'll only buy physical Albums of Artists I'm a really big fan of; and to my knowledge I think the days of the Physical Single are dead and buried - I havent seen any Physical singles in JB Hi-Fi since at least early 2009); That the experience has been good and I've saved a lot of $ compared to my teenage years buying way too many singles and compilations, often for only a couple songs I really liked, or duplicates for the sake of a B-Side.

Hopefully as time goes on the Store continues to iron out the creases. :D
Cash on hand: 57.50
Bank: 2,350,777.90
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 am
i'm not happy with Itunes cause recently they decided to remove all my music (it took me almost a full year to up load nearly 9000 songs) cause i hadn't downloaded something and then i finally accepted it and yeah not happy! :(.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Please Check out my blog thank you :) http://heartbloodbound.wordpress.com/
Hollywood Legend
Bank: 25,823.50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:43 pm
Yeah some artists absolutely refuse to sign with iTunes...mind you I am happy cos I can put all the music that i have purchased before on my iPhone! love it!
Dr. Phlox: Till your digestive tract is fully restored, you may want to avoid Mess Hall.
Lt. Reed: What do you suggest I eat?
Dr. Phlox: You're welcome to some of the moth larvae I feed to my Pyrithian bat.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:11 am
I've now nearly caught up with with the number of songs on my play list which is so far nearly up to 9000 songs but i still got along way to go!!
[/url]

Hollywood Legend
Bank: 25,823.50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:35 pm
9000 songs! OMG you have heaps!! I think the most songs I have on my ipod is 577! And about 100 or so on my iPhone..
Dr. Phlox: Till your digestive tract is fully restored, you may want to avoid Mess Hall.
Lt. Reed: What do you suggest I eat?
Dr. Phlox: You're welcome to some of the moth larvae I feed to my Pyrithian bat.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:32 pm
lol i do love my music :D :D
[/url]

Cash on hand: 9,840.30
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:30 pm
I have over 4000 items at last count.
News Anchor
Cash on hand: 2,310.00
Bank: 6,509.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:10 pm
Looking at my iTunes on the computer - I have 11,922 songs on there... most of these are cd's that I have uploaded from my personal collection, but do have a lot of songs from Glee on there: 315 songs.
PreviousNext

Return to Music and Books